Lando Norris - Social distancing fail

A/N: First oneshot written for of course one of my main boys, love him 🥺  Requested by FOREVERLANDO & @txhsufsydsdy . I hope you guys enjoy it. Much love .xx

42. "You snuck into my room, at 4am...to cuddle?"

43. "This is gonna sound cheesy but....I love when you're half asleep and talking nonsense."

An exciting weekend was coming up as it's the first race of the 2020 season. The winter break was fun whilst it lasted but was really getting to everyone at the beginning of the new year.

Thinking that this would possibly be one of the greatest years is a big no, as it started off with the wild fires in Australia and now that we're here the race isn't going to continue either due to the corona virus outbreak. It's unfortunate and disheartening that the race had to be cancelled but it's the right call since the last thing anyone wants is for this virus to spread in the paddock and to the fans.

I was so looking forward to being there to support Lando for once since it is hard with studying but I guess now we'll be spending extra time together as we have to quarantine ourselves for 2 weeks.

Our flights were booked in the evening to head back to London since we weren't going to waste a day and do nothing.

When we were finally back home in the afternoon, the jetlag starting to kick in. I couldn't keep myself awake so I just called it a day and went to sleep, only waking up late in the evening.

I then had a hot shower and wore my pyjamas before making my way into the kitchen to eat. It felt weird to be social distancing in the house. I'd like to see how long that lasts.

Whilst making myself a bowl of cereal I thought of FaceTiming Lando even though he's literally in his gaming room across the hall. "Good morning" he greeted with a wave. "Morning" I said with a wide smile.

"Did you eat ?" I asked as I pursed my lips. "Yeah about an hour ago" he said as he took off his headphones. "You're lying" I said as I played with the spoon in the bowl. "Why would I lie ?" He furrowed his brows whilst stifling a laugh. "You're just trying to keep your distance from me" I pouted. "Are you busy ?" I asked. "Not really, just busy playing Call of Duty" he said as he then fixated his attention to the screen.

"Wait...are you streaming ?" I raised a brow. "No, just playing with a few friends" he said. "Well why don't you come to the kitchen" I suggested softly. "Why ?" He asked as he then looked at me briefly. "I want company whilst eating my cereal" I said lowly whilst stirring. "But we're supposed to be social distancing" he said as he was gaming. "Come into the kitchen and keep your distance... I won't tell the team" I whispered the last part dramatically. "What !" He yelled before laughing. I could actually hear his laugh from the kitchen through the door. He ended the call and just then I heard a door close.

I smiled whilst eating my cereal when I heard his footsteps get closer. "Oh would you look at that" I said as he entered the kitchen. "Well hello" he tried to sound fancy. "Did you sleep at all ?" I asked before taking a bite of my cereal. "Not at all. I was so bored whilst you were asleep that I just killed some time by gaming" he said as then took a seat across me. "I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight" I pouted. "Why not ?" He asked as he leaned back against the chair. "Well I'm clearly wide awake now so I'll only go to bed at like 3am" I said as I got up to leave my bowl in the dishwasher.

He then started to yawn,"That's my call" he said as he got and stretched. "Can I play on the simulator ?" I stood right in front of him with puppy eyes. "No lets go to bed" he said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me along with him. "I'm not tired though" I whined. "You know you can always play on the simulator, you don't have to ask" he said as we walked to the gaming room. "What do you want to play ?" He raised his brows. "Euro truck simulator please" I smiled proudly. "Are you joking ?" He stifled a laugh. "Omg no !" I said before sitting on the simulator. "Hmm okay" he smiled whilst setting it up.

"Come to bed soon okay" he said after he was done. "I will" I pouted. He gladly gave me a peck and then left to his room. I've seen him play a few times so I was quite familiar with how his simulator works. 5 minutes into the game I was already laughing because I turned too quickly and the truck tipped over.

The game was fun whilst it lasted but eventually I just grew frustrated because patience is needed to drive this slow. I was shocked when I glanced at my phone and saw that it was already 3:45am. What the actual hell. Well they do say time flys when you're having fun.

Believe it or not, I'm actually wide awake. The only way I could possibly sleep is by cuddling Lando and so I made my way to his bedroom.

He was sound asleep and here I was like a toddler awake in the middle of the night. I slid under the covers and wrapped an arm around his torso. "Babe" he murmured. "Hmm" I hummed. "What time is it ?" He asked half asleep. "Almost 4am" I said casually. "You snuck into my room, at 4am...to cuddle?" he asked with a lazy smile. "Mhm" I answered. "Did you at least complete one task ?" He asked lowly. "Yepp" I giggled. "And did you parallel park or skipped past that ?"

"You can take a hint" I laughed. "This is gonna sound cheesy but....I love when you're half asleep and talking nonsense" I said as I then kissed his bare back. "And I love you" he said as he turned over and wrapped his arms around me, then placing a kiss on my forehead. So much for social distancing.