Daniel Ricciardo - Kiss the champ

148. "I really want to kiss you right now." "Then do it."

A/N: Requested by @sunflowerhaz_ . For this one shot we're taking a trip down memory lane. My apologies I couldn't write sooner, just as I decided to get back into writing, I recently fell ill. Anywho, enjoy .xx

It was finally race day at the Monza GP, the much awaited race for tifosi and Daniel - Australian born but Italian blood.
Recently this season race finishes have been unpredictable, so even though Mercedes qualified 1-2 and Max P3, anything is possible seeing that both Lando and Daniel are behind at P4 and P5.

2020 race winner took a turn by Pierre winning so who knew what was in store for today. I was hesitant whether or not I should go to the race considering that people have already started spreading rumours about Daniel and my relationship. Even though we've known each other for 6 months and have been dating for 3 months, him and I are not for PDA, especially being in the limelight and having so many cameras follow him every race weekend.

From people seeing us as friends, they have now questioned if we're dating all because someone took a sly video of us slow dancing at a party last week. Neither of us have pictures of each other on our social media, at most we follow each other.

The last thing I want to hear are people criticising our relationship because of our age gap or because I'm using him for money blah blah. Letting these negative comments get to us will only make matters worse, let people think whatever they want because not like we're listening to them.

I arrived in the evening of Saturday so unfortunately I missed qualifying, but no big deal, as long as I can be here to show my support for Daniel during the race. I got up just before Daniel so I had a little more time to get ready, this is my first time attending a race with him. Other times that I've been to races, I was just another fan in the grandstand with my friend. Crazy how times can change.

OUTFIT FOR REFERENCE

As I was just doing my hair, Daniel had stepped out of the bathroom with his black jeans on, abs on full display and wet curls all over the place

As I was just doing my hair, Daniel had stepped out of the bathroom with his black jeans on, abs on full display and wet curls all over the place. I got distracted looking at his reflection in the mirror that I mistakenly burnt my finger. "Ouch- hot !" I squealed as I blew on my finger and applied pressure to it. "Thank you" he winked as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me whilst nuzzling his face into my neck. "Dan stop" I warned as I started to giggle. "Or what ?" He paused to look at me. "You're going to get late" I said as I fixed my hair and my top.

"You're no fun, I literally need a second to put on my shirt" he said as he grabbed his shirt from the cupboard and slipped it on with ease. "Ready" he said as he posed with his arms crossed over his chest. "Babe. Your hair is still wet" I reminded him. "Oh yeah ? Give me a sec" he said in a challenging tone as he then grabbed a towel from the bathroom and vigorously rubbed it through his hair. "Magic" he smiled. "This is just proof that the life of a girl is unfair" I pouted. "No darling, you do too much but you really don't need anything" he grinned and winked. "Too early for that" I shook my head and couldn't help but smile. I just finished curling my hair and ran my fingers through to soften the curls.

"How about a nice gift to your lovely boyfriend after the race ?" he pouted his lips as he watched me. I put on my jacket and grabbed my bag, "We'll see about that" I said as I smiled at him firmly and tapped his chest as I walked ahead of him out of the room. "What's it gonna cost ?" He asked playfully. "Dan you're asking such stupid questions" I shook my head. "How are they stupid ?" He looked at me in shock. "You could literally be last on the damn grid and I still won't leave your dumb ass" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against the wall of the lift. "I don't know whether I should be grateful or offended" he raised a brow in confusion. "I'll take it as an opportunity to kiss you" he said as he grabbed my face with his hand and peppered kisses on my cheek making me giggle.

Michael and Blake were already waiting for us so we quickly jogged to the car. The drive was short since we didn't stay too far from the track. As soon as we got there, photographers were rushing to the car to obviously get Daniel's picture. I don't know why I suddenly felt nervous and I guess Daniel noticed, he grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. "You alright ?" He asked concerned. "Yepp" I nodded. "Alright then, let's go" he smiled at me before opening the door. He jumped out and held the door open for me to follow along. We walked alongside each other as a bunch of flashes went off, I stayed calm and kept a smile on my face knowing that I'll be seeing these pictures on Instagram later.

As we entered the paddock, he was already swarmed with fans asking for autographs. I didn't want to get lost in the crowd so i just followed Michael back to the garage since Daniel had Blake waiting for him anyway.

The day was very rushed and it's expected as you can feel the tension in the air. Drivers are busy with their teams discussing different strategies and in the cases of what weather may occur etc. Whilst Daniel was getting dressed in his drivers room into his fireproofs, he insisted on getting a kiss before we were out in the open which I happily obliged.

Once we were in the garage and just before he could get into the car, he ran over to me and whispered "How about one more good luck kiss ?" He pouted. "Oh my word, someone is needy and is pushing it. Best of luck" I said as I quickly pecked his cheek. He was quite close so I don't believe many people saw that which is good for me.

I never realised how much more stressful a race would be when you're physically here in comparison to being at home on my couch. With my headset on and able to hear everything between Daniel and his engineer, I s'tarted to get an adrenaline rush. My breath was hitched in my throat the second Max and Lewis had crashed - I believe I speak for everyone in that moment because everyone least expected such a big crash to happen.

I just prayed that both drivers were okay and had no injuries - it was very relieving to see both of them were fine. Just as my relief washed away, my heart started racing when my realisation had kicked in that there's a gap for Daniel to win the race. The pressure was on, Daniel was leading and as easy as it sounds I could not imagine the immense pressure he had on his shoulders to hold his position.

'AND RICCIARDO THAT WINS THE ITALIAN GRAND PRIX' was yelled through the speakers of the track by non other than Crofty. The garage erupted in cheers and jumping as the team had a 1-2 finish. "OH MY GOD !" I screamed and jumped as I hugged Michael. I was so proud and over the moon with joy, I just want to see Daniel. Hearing the happiness in his voice and picturing him smiling from ear to ear over the radio melted my heart.

I ran with the team to parc fermé, thanks to Michael and a few other team members, they made way for me to get to the front of the barrier as we waited for his arrival. Everyone started screaming when they all had arrived, especially when Daniel jumped out of the car and stood on top of the car as he hit his chest.

He jumped off the car and ran over to the barrier to jump into the teams arms to celebrate. He hugged everyone and just before he came over to me, he pulled off his helmet and held it in his hand. He pulled me in for a tight sweaty hug and I couldn't care as I was so happy for him, it's what he deserves.

"I really want to kiss you right now" he said lowly into my ear. I broke away from the hug to look at him, "Then do it" I said. He didn't have to be told twice as he cupped my cheeks and pulled me in for a short sweet kiss. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks as everyone's cheers were louder and the sounds of camera clicks went off like crazy. "Bold of you" I said as he pulled away. "I could say the same for you" he said lastly before he scurried off to celebrate with the rest of the team.