Marathon

Zach p.o.v.

"Now explain" she said to me while we sat on the bus.

"Its nothing" I said, avoiding her. She took my hand into her small one, and look at me serious.

"Zach, you don't know me too well, and I would love to be all mushy right now and like kiss you but it's not that I don't, it's that at the same time I want to be your friend. That text you send me, was just you. Now stop playing this stubbornness game because it's bullshit if I have to beg you, trust me" she said giving a squeeze to my hand, reassuring me that I can tell her the truth.

"These scars our from him burning me with cigarettes, hitting me with the belt buckle, throwing me against the wall and yeah most of them from cutting. He killed my mother, strangling her in front of me snapping her neck. My sister and my older brother live with my aunt. I just live here cause I'm too much of a douche and dick" I said just looking at anywhere besides her.

"Why?" She asked wrapping her other hand around our entwined hands.

"Why...did he kill her?" I said and I saw her nod her head from the corner of my eye."She wanted to leave, she planned to leave...She was tired. I loved my mother and she tried so many times but when she finally succeeded my father pulled her by the hair, dragging her back to the house. Screaming trying to fight him. My older brother said to run, so him and my sister left. My father sat me down to watch, she mouthed I love you before he snapped her neck " I said with my jaw clenching, sucking in the guilt and the picture of my mother eyes passed by. I felt tears on my hand that she was holding. I look to her and her eyes were watery.

"I'm not crying don't worry Zach, it's the.." She said trying to come up with an excuse.

"Its okay Cassidy...Its not the first person pitying me. I just...when he pulled you by the hair to his room, it reminded of my mom and that I was useless" I said letting go of her hand.

"Jesus your hot, you wanna go out sometime.....alone together. I can do whatever you wish for" some girl said wearing the tiniest clothes ever, smiling, and winking her eye meaning she wanted to have sex.

"Hey can you fuck off, he's my boy....friend,and  don't you see he's not.interested in a girl who sells herself" she said loudly. That one prostitute was eyeing her now, going back to her seat. I look at Cassidy, with my body tensed and shock when she used the word boyfriend. I pulled the wire telling the driver this is my stop. I ran out with Cassidy right behind me, trying to keep up.

"Wait up, I didn't sign up for a fucking marathon. Zach stop...stop" she said her voice like one block away from where I was but I was not stopping, instead leaving.

___________________________________________
Cassidy p.o.v.

That freaking guy left me all alone in the streets not knowing where I am. And also missing the only bus that was gonna take me home. Night was already here and prostitutes are coming out, and there's no way I can get out of here without dying.

"Hey baby, wanna make some money" a guy called out to me, pulling me onto him.

"No thank you" I said getting his grip on my arms off, kicking him in the balls and trying to run. I found myself by a corner store, eating a hamburger. Waiting for a bus to come...

"Hey you know a bus isn't gonna come right" a guys voice said.

"Right" I said with my mouth full.

"You can lay at my house for the night" he said, I look at him disgusted.

" What..so you can fuck me like the rest of the girls out here" I said pist off now.

"Are you for real? I was just trying to help...I ain't one of those guys whose fucked up in the head trying to get a girl with money" he said and I look at him. Finding myself face to face with a decent guy who had tattoos on his neck and arms. He had blue eyes and dirty blonde hair but more blonde.

"Fine....but just so if you ever try anything, just know that you'll never have babies again like every other man who tried" I said starting to walk.

"Other way" he said and I walk around to the right way.

"I knew that" I said walking past him. We walked silent until we reached his trailer.

I heard a little girl screaming happily, running outside into the guys arms.

"Whos this daddy?" She said smiling at me.

"This is a friend, she's staying over the night" she smiled so widely when he said that, she went into my arms now.

"Whats your name?" I asked.

"Skylar and I'm seven" she said proud.

"Did anyone tell you that your super beautiful" I said trying the mommy thing, while she giggled.

"My daddy" she said smiling, looking at me with the same blue eyes she had like her daddy.

"Let's get inside Skylar, I don't want you to get a cold" her dad said, I realize I didn't know his name. His trailer was decent, nothing special but nothing too poor.

"I'm Cassidy, thank you for this" I said while he handed me a blanket for the couch.

"Jeremy" he said carrying Skylar, while she was half asleep. "Do you live by here" he added.

"Nope just visited a friend" I said.

"Who? I know everybody in this neighborhood" he said.

"Zachary Storm" I said and his eyes widen.

"Are you the famous Cassidy, that he is like stupidly in love with" he asked.

"What?!?" I whispered yelled so Skylar won't wake up.

"I'm his bestfriend" he said and I nodded my head understanding now.
"So are you a single father or the baby mama lives here" I asked.
"Baby mama is long gone. She left once Skylar was born" he said and I look to his room sad cause of Skylar not having a mother.
"She's alright, she doesn't understand" he said "if you like I'll sleep on the couch, and you can sleep on the bed with her" he said also.
"Thank you" I said. " do you know by any chance where is Zach?" I added.
"At home or his aunts house" he said" I'll take you tomorrow". I nodded.
I went to his room and slept with his daughter, wondering how it would be to sleep with my son. Ayden probably worrying where I'm at. Or less I'm suppose to be spending time with my baby not with my love life.