Chapter 76: Love what is mortal

Toshiko groggily woke up as she always did. 5 am on the dot. It was a schedule her body had gotten used to during her earlier life, before the wound throbbing on her waist had made the action not only unnecessary, but also immensely annoying.

She blinked, her eyes still feeling a little off from yesterday's test. Honestly, she was just happy the ringing in her ears was gone.

She hummed softly, smiling as she turned over, looking at the other body sharing the bed with her: Inko Midoriya.

In the back of her mind, she decided it was worth waking up at the crack of dawn just to see the smaller woman breathing softly, sleeping soundly next to her. It made her heart feel full, something she had lacked for so many years now.

Toshiko hummed softly, drinking in the sight of the pre-dawn light casting shadows over their forms with a smile of contentment. The hours of just laying there and watching it all felt like they were giving her years back.

Something in her peripheral got her attention, eyes hazily registering that her phone was blinking with the notification light. She had just checked everything, or rather, marked all the spam mail from UA about the latest update on the food menu, last night.

Her curiosity mounted as she unlocked the device, clicking through to get to the source of the popup, her personal email.

Her heart thumped a bit louder for a moment, part of her hoping... but her hopes were dashed when she saw that it wasn't from Nighteye.

Toshiko looked at the sender, not recognizing the email that had sent it. She was about to delete it as spam before she took note of the domain that the email belonged to I-Academy?

"As in I-Island academy?" she mumbled out softly, before clicking to open the email, eyes already glued to the topic line even before her brain could start to process it.

Her shock from the content of the email was only rivaled by how they had butchered the senders' name in the email address.

Why the hell did they shorten Melissa's name to 'mshie'?

___________________________________________

Mei huffed and slowly stirred awake. Nothing really compared to waking up in Izuku's bed...

But waking up in Momo's was a close second.

The pinkette hummed gently, eyes barely focusing on the sleeping form of the black-haired woman. She had learned — or rather heard in the chatter during her support classes — that sharing a man with multiple people was unusual, even if it was getting more and more common with...

There was no other way she could think of it other than 'shortage'.

But that's when she had tuned out the rest of her class entirely. She had decided, months ago, that she was ok with sharing Izuku, especially with people like Momo.

Mei's feelings towards her were infinitesimal compared to what she felt for Izuku, but as she idly studied Momo's features while the taller woman slept, she knew she felt more than mere camaraderie.

Mei leaned in slowly, keeping her movements minimal to not to wake up her 'co-lover' and left a gentle kiss on the taller woman's cheek. She had to suppress her urge to giggle when the calm and relaxed expression on Momo's face twitched and turned into a soft smile, snuggling into her pillows a little deeper.

Yeah, it was official. She shared Izuku's taste in women. That probably meant he also had a thing for that punk-ish girl that was in his class. Her mouth twitched into a manic smile slowly. Now, her quirk was gonna require even more babies than the rest.