Chapter 19: He stuck a bookmark in my heart and walked away

Itsuka hummed after letting go of his hand, giving him a once-over, seeing just how tense he had gotten over the comments she had made- Might have gone a little overboard- I should just compliment him to get him to relax... -causing him to blush a little harder. "Also, nice hero suit-"

"Really shows off your figure" Her face froze.

He started blushing like a strawberry

He wanted to die, he really did.

Good to know Total Command doesn't outright kill me when I think that.

in the teachers lounge, Aizawa Shiko felt a spark of empathy. She looked around, internally questioning what that was about.

Itsuka, on the other hand, was screaming internally. And had started blushing madly in embarrassment. WAIT I DIDN'T MEAN THAT-

His pager beeped. And his trance was broken, the blush on his face fading instantly as his brain stopped thinking about what Itsuka had just said, focusing on finding the pager.

He started shuffling in the many pockets of his cargo pants Nozomi? What's going on?

'Return back to class- they need some help with retrievals.' His eyebrow furrowed. Would it kill her to be just a little more specific?

"Sorry- I gotta go class... See you later, Kendo."

"I'm sure we will" she sighed trying to calm down after her blunder- how did he calm down so fast? "See you around, Midoriya."

With that he dashed off.

His back is really broad, Itsuka thought before she could stop herself.

...

Where is the building?

"Ah- Midoriya thank you for coming so fast," All Might grunted, tearing off a chunk of the debris, revealing Doi mumbling incoherently and giving her two thumbs-up. "We really need your help with- Uh, locating Hagakure.."

"What happened-" he muttered, walking closer to the number one hero.

"The second hero team didn't do a good job keeping the damage to a minimum-" she answered, just the slightest hint of amusement in her voice.

" Bio-sonar " his gauntlets announced and he placed his palms on the ground. "Too much irregularly shaped debris- can't get a read on her-" His eyes searched for-

"Ah! Jirou could we do our scan again?" She nodded and started feeding her heartbeat through her jacks; they were already stabbed in the ground so she could listen for other students.

He closed his eyes, trying to decipher all the vibration data his somatosensory system was flooding his cerebral cortex with.

That was a bad idea- focusing down on his tactile sensations caused him to almost feel every nook and cranny in the area...

Including everyone's bodies that were still trapped under the rubble of the test area...

Oh God- I need a cold shower...

He thanked the heavens that Minerva wasn't in this mess- He did not want her form in his memory.

He called out the locations of the trapped students for the rest of the class to find and dig out, then headed to where he had felt Tooru at, heaving the debris out of the way to free the invisible girl.

"Cmon Hatsume- don't fail me now..." he pleaded, forearms twitching in sequence to activate the scanners in his gauntlets.

" Scan initiated- subject unconscious- blunt force trauma to the head; damage- negligible. "