Chapter 24: To give you all that your heart needs the most

"THAT CHEATER!" Tsukiko screamed, tossing one of the bar stools, the furniture starting to decay where her fingers had made contact. "HE RUINED IT ALL; THE PLAN, THE NOUMU..."

She hissed and kicked the stool, causing another one of the bar tables to get knocked over, seething with anger. "HIM AND HIS STUPID FUCKING QUIRK!"

The static of the nearby TV on the counter cleared up, a silhouette clad in shadows fading into reality. "Shigaraki, calm down," came a voice from the speakers, warbled and robotic from the age of the device. "No need to cry over spilled milk..."

"S-sorry master," Tsukiko muttered, her outburst slowly coming to a close.

"Kurogiri, is she correct about the male with a quirk?"

"Yes, he seemed to have something like lightning... but I am not entirely sure," the gaseous villain answered, voice reserved and level. "I am sure that he 'walked off' getting his neck broken."

"I see..." The voice from the TV seemed almost pensive.

"One for All has changed hands yet again..."

So... My brother's legacy...

She smiled, her scarred skin stretching over the psychotic grin that formed, almost tearing at the seams.

Can't wait to meet him again...

"It was during the first time of the first quirk's emergence 200 years ago," All Might began, voice slightly somber.

Oh God, not again...

"I am sure you heard most of the pleasant stuff regarding the time. It's all society wants to remember..." All Might huffed, not noticing the zoned out look Izuku had gained. "But it couldn't be farther from the truth."

Izuku perked up immediately.

"When quirks first emerged, the meaning of 'being human' changed, laws became meaningless, progress halted." The number one hero was looking older with each sentence. "Anarchy took over."

A sad smile tugged at the corners of her gaunt lips. "It's funny; in hindsight, they didn't even notice only women got quirks for the first thirty years or so."

Izuku would have chuckled if he wasn't so invested in the story.

"During that time of chaos and uncertainty, someone took hold." A fire of utter hatred filled Toshiko's eyes as her voice grew strained. "A woman with a quirk that let her steal other quirks, and to give them to others as she saw fit." Electric-blue eyes flared.

"We call her All for One."

"She took what she wanted, and gave to whoever pledged allegiance to her. Before long she had enough people under her command for the government of Japan to mean nothing." Her shoulders were shaking now, almost as if she was trying to keep her body from shifting to muscle form.

"She ruled Japan; she was ruthless in her rule. The absolute epitome of evil."

"We- I never heard any of this; not online, not in textbooks... how?" Izuku muttered, shocked to the core.

"After her fall society did everything in its power to erase her existence from history. In an act of revenge... maybe even fear." Her shoulders stopped shaking, easing up a little.

"... Where was I?" Toshiko rubbed her forehead.

Izuku looked meeker I shouldn't have interrupted...

"Oh right. During her rule she did something; something I still have trouble believing..." she tensed up briefly before continuing. "You see, her power to give quirks... It sometimes overwhelmed the target, making them mindless puppets. Other times it blended with the person's original quirk and caused it to mutate."