Chapter 65: Love is a clash of lightnings

"You know..." Ochako muttered as she, Mei, Momo, and Katsumi relaxed on the couch, away from the main hall where the rest of their classmates were having a movie night Mei skipping through blueprints on her phone, "Izuku spent a week with Miruko."

"...and?" Mei mumbled back, not really paying attention.

"Do you think she came onto him?"

The channel surfing ceased, and all faces turned to Ochako.

Mei's head tilted to the side, hand cupping her chin. "I mean, from what I saw in the sports festival... she might've?"

"He might've been receptive too..." Katsumi admitted with a scratch of her neck, "He had a thing for her."

Mei's eyebrows furrowed. "He had a thing for the hyper, grumpy, angry bunny and you thought he didn't love you back?"

"I- uh-" the blonde blinked, "am I that much like Miruko?"

"The personalities match up from what I know..." Momo added with a hum. "But wait does that mean..."

"I didn't ask him but..." Ochako blushed. "With his... endurance last time, I doubt he... y'know..."

"I'm torn between punching him in the throat for turning down Miruko, or hugging him," Katsumi huffed.

"We really need to set up rules," Momo admitted with a sigh. "...would any of you be opposed if someone else joined anyway?"

"..." Katsumi looked away.

Mei shook her head with a smile, "I really don't mind as long as he loves them back- and I guess if she got along with me?"

"I'm... yeah- what Mei said." Ochako admitted with a blush. "I'm kinda- I was kinda worried if he would focus on one of us more than the other but... if it's just going to be like this, I'm not against more in our relationship."

"You two just say that cause you-" Katsumi bit her tongue looking away with a heavy blush. "I'm against it before I get a turn," she hissed out, low enough for only them to hear.

"Oh-" Momo mumbled with a sigh, "are you still mad over him not wanting to..."

Katsumi's eyes shined with anger. "You aren't?"

"I mean-" Mei interrupted with her own manic energy, "Pretty sure it was mostly cause he wanted your first time to be more special, you know?"

Ochako hummed, "I know mine was..."

"That doesn't-" Katsumi huffed, deflating into the couch. "It'd better be good."

Kyoka was trying her best to hide her blush over in the kitchen area, along with her snickers.

Izuku blinked blankly, the words failing to register.

Mina panted as if the action of confessing alone had taken the wind out of her, her eyes drilling holes in the floor. "I- I love you, Izuku..."

"I know you- can't..." her hands clasped together, twiddling her thumbs together, "You can't say it back but I..."

Her shoulders shuddered as she took in a deep breath, the moment passing as she slowly realized what she just did.

"Mina-"

"Sorry!"

Before she could run away, his hand gripped around her wrist, stopping her from fleeing.

"Mina it's fine- It's just moving a little too fast for me..." He sighed, ruffling his own hair. "I need to talk with the others," his green eyes locked onto her gold, keeping constant eye contact, trying to convey how fine everything was, "Is that okay?"