Chapter 54: Now once put your life on the line;

Time seemed to slow down, the street losing its color as the blade started its journey down.

A part of her had accepted the fate, or even wanted it. Stain would be ending her ruined life without the shining light that was her sister. She hated everything and everyone that led her to this moment: killed in an alleyway by the same woman that had ended her sister's career.

Part of her wanted to wake up from this dream, to see the hero killer on the ground where she belonged, defeated at her feet.

Part of her wanted to live. To be saved. For anyone to show up and save her life before it was taken from her. For a moment, she imagined her sister running up and kicking Stain off her.

The phone call she had with Izuku flashed through her mind.

The blade was closing in, the tip shining hungrily.

Her eyes snapped closed, her nerves getting the better of her as she couldn't handle watching her own murder.

In a moment of pure desperation, as her brain's primal urge to preserve her own life took control, she screamed out his name.

Metal clashed against metal.

She opened an eye, her vision, blurry from tears, finally focused on the sight above her.

A green gauntlet was looming over her, a hand gripped around the blade, stopping the katana inches above its target.

Stain's eyes were wide with both rage and disbelief.

The digital eyes on Izuku's helmet were blazing, filled with righteous indignation and cold fury. "I heard you calling, Iida."

" Pneumatic Lance " His gauntlet hummed as the guard over his wrist hissed, and the pneumatic hammer shot out with the force to crush a car. The massive plates that made up the tip of the hammer caught the spine of the Katana, punching through the metal like a hole-puncher through paper.

"It's fine now."

With a flick of his wrist, he tossed the remains of the blade behind him, embedding the ruined steel into the wall as Stain snarled and jumped back to gain distance.

"Because I am here."

"Did he seriously just rush away?!" Gran screeched as she landed another kick to the exposed brain of a lanky, light grey monstrosity, making the beast hiss and track the zipping oldtimer, instead of the much bigger target closing in.

Miruko's eyes shined red with sadistic glee as she blurred into existence in front of the beast, a sonic boom alerting the horror of human musculature and agony a second too late. "We don't need him anyway!" she almost giggled, as she unleashed her kick, happy to be able to go all out for once.

Her kick landed square on the stomach of the beast, the muscles and internal organs unable resist the concussive force, rippling and parting like water, until her steel-tipped boot crashed against the spine of the beast directly, shattering it under the massive power each of her thighs held.

"Plus, considering the amount of chaos going on in this whole city, he might have done the right thing by rushing to the location."

"You think we would've been late?" Gran snickered, watching the beast attempt to get back up, healing slowly as its chest heaved, attempting to reconnect its legs back to its nervous system.

"More or less." She shrugged, stomping down on the head of the beast, its whole body going limp as its brain turned into red paste. "Ugh, that's gonna be tough to clean up."

"You sound certain he's going to be able to help instead of just becoming another victim to the Hero Killer," Gran smirked, cracking her neck. "Are you that smitten with the kid that you believe that he's that competent?"