Chapter 31: If a significance is recognized with the pride one strides,

He sighed contently as the light of the Sunday morning sun washed over his body as he exited the hospital. Just as Recovery Girl had said, there were no other complications with his heart after Total Command kicked in. He gently tapped his own chest and mumbled a soft 'glad to have you still beating in there' to himself as his mother made her way out of the hospital, too.

"You sure you don't want me to accompany you back?" Inko asked, tilting her head, worry evident in her voice. With the recent stuff he had been through, he couldn't really blame her for it.

"Momo said she was sending one of her drivers to pick me up, Mom. I'll be fine," he replied with a soft smile.

"Oh!" The worry in her voice faded out instantly. "Midoriya Izuku, you better find a way to repay her for that. I won't have my son be ungrateful, you hear?" With the smile on her face, he couldn't be sure if she was just happy he'd found someone- someones- that cared for him, was scolding him lightly, or teasing him.

Not that it mattered anyway.

"Will do," he chimed, walking towards where Momo said the car would pick him up.

I forgot how rich she is...

He shifted uncomfortably in the back of the limousine, trying to ignore the looks the driver was giving him whenever they stopped at traffic lights.

Well, he thought she was giving him glances; her large aviators were making it impossible for him to actually see her eyes, but he still felt eyes on him.

"So..." She mumbled, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "You are young master's loved one?"

"Y-yeah..." He responded, gulping slightly. Is- is she gonna haze me or something?

She paused for a second, then clicked a transponder off, the red light on its side growing dim "Don't tell her I'm saying this but... please take care of her."

That was unexpected?

"I have been working for her family for- Jesus, ten years now... and I haven't seen her that happy in all those years. She was practically beaming when I drove her back to the dorms yesterday."

He started blushing from the revelation, a small smile forming on his face unbidden. "R-really?"

The driver clicked her tongue and chuckled a bit at his reaction. "Ah, to be young again..."

"You aren't that old," he mumbled back without thinking. "A-at least you don't look that old..."

The driver started laughing at his response, "Oh- ohhhhh, aint you the charmer?" Her laughter faded away as they passed another intersection. "It's not nice to try making people envious, young man."

...How was that-

You know what, nevermind.

"Soooo...." Mina looked at the breakfast table expectantly, amber eyes locking down on the three culprits. "Why were you three with him already?"

Mei ignored the comment, continuing to gobble down on her fill of pancakes. Momo and Ochako grew red in the face and tried to look away from the accuser.

All three of them could feel the eyes of the class starting to gravitate towards them, the full class glaring at them. Mostly confused and lost, rather than envy.

"You guys formed his-" Minerva cut herself off, the act of keeping herself from finishing the sentence starting to make her sweat. Inhuman sounds escaped her throat, and she finally gave in, ripping out one of the balls that formed her ponytails and bit into it as a makeshift gag. Silencing the rest of her comments.