Chapter 35: I have bruises no one can see

One thing became clear as the class 1-B student tried getting to her feet:

The sustained shock had caused her legs to turn to jello, making it impossible for her to stand upright.

Seeing her struggle balancing, Izuku gave her a hand to lean on, along with Hiryu who probably had a minor concussion, causing the fellow green-head to snicker. "What, you gonna lift everyone you defeated?"

"I mean... I kinda wanna show there are no hard feelings between us; it was just a game after all." Izuku muttered back, bashfully. "Wait, there are none, right?"

"Yeah yeah- just gotta teach me how to get that focused, boy," Setsuna huffed out. "I thought getting 'tunnel visioned' was just a saying, then here you come pulling that..." It was kinda scary...

He smiled down to the woman. "I-I'll try to."

" TIME FOR THE RESULTS, LISTENERS! " Mic whooped, the finalized rankings flashing on the holograms in the feed.

Mandalay couldn't help but chuckle softly at the results. Ragdoll started vibrating softly, giggling wildly. "Look at how lively that kitten is!"

Pixie-Bob was still salivating about the male hero-prospect that was going to fall straight into their laps.

"First place goes to Uraraka Ochako! Barely passing Midoriya Izuku, who is straddling the line between her and her fellow teammate, Asui Tsuyu in third place!!"

Izuku almost choked on his spit hearing that, eyes searching for Ochako on his route as he lead both Setsuna and Hiryu out of the arena

He managed to find the girl who beat him on the scoreboard just as they were about to exit out the arena. She was blushing slightly, looking a little embarrassed from all the attention in the middle of a clearing near the edge of the arena, a corridor leading up to the exit allowing him the sight of her.

Sensing his gaze, she turned back towards him, and their gazes locked onto each other in practiced fluidity. They stared at each other.

He smiled, his eyes filling with a mix of adoration, fear and...

Her blush went from pink to neon.

"Wait, how did that...?" Pony looked at the scoreboard the English phrases flowing out on their own at the sight of the massive distance between her and Saiko.

1st place: Uraraka Ochako

2nd place: Midoriya Izuku

3rd place: Asui Tsuyu

4th place: Kirishima Eiko & Bakugo Katsumi

5th place: Tsunotori Pony

6th place: Yaoyorozu Momo & Ashido Mina

7th place: Shiozaki Ibara

8th place: Shinsou Hitsuki

9th place: Todoroki Shoko & Jiro Kyoka

10th place: Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

11th place: Intelli Saiko

12th place: Hatsume Mei & Iida Tomoyo

"How is there that much of a distance between us?" She asked, a cute confused expression in her large eyes.

"It's simple really," Saiko muttered, a kind look in her eyes. "The IEDs you were carrying on your horns only counted for you, we were too close to the end for the points to average between us."

"D-does that mean I was too slow?" Pony whined, almost breaking into tears. "I-I'm sorry, Intelli, I was-"

Saiko chuckled, her hand patting the shorter woman's head. "Pony, it's fine; this is all according to plan. We both made it in!"