Chapter 45: The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things

She didn't know what she expected, but it was certainly not this .

"Are you sure about this?" Nemuri asked as she pulled her hair into a ponytail, shaking her head a bit to let it sway. "It might not be safe, I've never used it against a man."

Izuku grinned, taking a seat on the floor of Training Hall Gamma. "It's fine, your quirk lets you release a pheromone right?"

"Yeah, puts people to sleep. I call it 'Narcoma', you probably can guess why." She smiled softly. "What even made you think of this anyway?"

"Well," he shrugged looking up at her for a second, "I felt like I was skimping on quirk training, plus I wanna see if this actually works..." His eyes hit the floor immediately as he remembered why he was avoiding looking at her.

Her outfit was a sports bra, a loose tank top, and some sweatpants..

And that tank top was now tossed to the side to allow her quirk better access.

God dammit, calm down Izuku. She probably doesn't like being ogled like that...

"S͙ḫe ̝doẹs," Nana added with finality.

You shut up.

He scratched his cheek, trying to calm his blush down. "You don't mind, do you?"

Nemuri was blushing too, looking away. "After you feeding me three days in a row? I don't think I can say no to something this trivial." She thought for a second, then sat down next to him. "But just in case I need to catch you when you fall asleep..." she murmured, still looking away.

He nodded slowly. "Ready when you are."

Nemuri nodded as well and lilac gas started to emanate from her skin, bathing the area in a soft pink haze.

Izuku breathed in, letting the gas fill his lungs.

"You know, your quirk smells reall..." He couldn't finish the sentence as the pheromone kicked in, his eyes getting heavier and heavier.

"-y gooooo..."

He leaned to the side, then tumbled down into her lap, asleep.

She huffed softly, a small smile in her face. "Guessed you wouldn't be able to withstand that..."

She was blushing even as she started softly petting his curly mess of hair. A lewder part of her was disappointed, saddened that she couldn't do anything with him without him falling asleep.

She shook her head, trying to get the part to just shut up and letting her quirk start to fade.

It was gonna take a while for the aroma to fade, and even longer for him to wake up.

Her posture eased, now that she was effectively alone, looking down on the sleeping man.

"You look cute while you sleep..."

She almost had a heart attack when he twitched and started to wake up.

Panicking, she looked around, staring at the pink mist that still surrounded them.

"B-but how?"

He yawned, rubbing his eyes, looking up to her face from her lap. "Oh... this is familiar..."

A beat passed as Midnight looked down at him blushing redder and redder until her face felt like it was on fire.

He managed to wake up fully in that beat, flinching, then rolling out of her lap. "S-sorry- I didn't notice that you were-"