Chapter 29: The scent of the morning sea

It was 8 am in the Heights Alliance dorms, and Momo was panicking.

Her hair was down and she was switching between a bikini and a one-piece suit, trying to figure out what to wear on their... date . Just the thought of it alone was making butterflies rampage in her stomach.

Mei had insisted that they go to a beach, which surprised both her and Ochako; sand and waves really didn't sound like it mixed well with the inventor. Izuku, however, looked slightly moved by the suggestion. I should ask him what that was about...

She huffed and looked at the time -8.30 am- then sighed and went back to looking for what to wear to the beach.

Even with the stress of her first date, she couldn't help but smile softly at her reflection in the mirror. A month ago, she couldn't have imagined having a boyfriend. Nor could she have imagined how happy it made her to finally go on a date with someone.

...Someones.

She would've thought that distinction would ruin the feeling of it, but honestly, it was just making her giddier. All the love triangles in all the books she read seemed... senseless now that she had this feeling.

A knock at her door broke her out of her trance.

Ochako groaned. I can't believe I am doin' this...

But dammit, I am not goin' on my first date in the school swimsuit.

Momo opened the door to see Ochako pulling a determined face that looked as resolute as Izuku but fierce as Katsumi.

"O-Ochako?" she squeaked taking a step back.

"Huh? oh..." The expression melted away from Ochako's face. "I hope I didn't wake you up," she mumbled shyly, poking her hands together. "I-" she looked both ways in the hallway. "actually, can I come in?"

Momo blinked for a couple of seconds. "Oh! Sure, sure," she took a step to the side letting the other girl in before closing the door behind them. "You wanted help with something?"

"I- uh" she nervously shifted from one leg to the other, intimidated by the outright high-class aura coming from Momo and her room. "Iwantedtoknowifyoucouldlendmeaswimsuit," she squeaked, far too softly and fast for the taller girl to comprehend.

Momo tilted her head. "Could you say that again?"

C'mon, Ochako. She won't judge. "Can you lend me a swimsuit for the date?"

Momo's face brightened steadily. "Of course!"

He groaned as he got up. It was weird how ...uneventful his sleeping had become. Usually, he had some sensation of time or emotion from an already forgotten dream. After the USJ, however, time seemed to skip whenever he laid his head on the pillow. The brain damage is probably why...

He rolled to his side deciding to sleep a little more, only to bump into a mass on his side.

Mei...?

The girl in question whined and turned to look at him. "Morning already?"

"Guess so," he huffed, looking at her groggily.

Her tired face slowly turned into a warm smile as she leaned forward, intending to kiss him.

Their lips met, but so did their teeth, causing both parties to reel back from the sudden jolt caused by the clacking of bone. Which they followed with laughter.

"S-sorry, Zoom kinda makes my depth perception go off the rails in the mornings," Mei explained as her laughter died down.

Izuku smiled, softly pulling her to a hug. "Wanna try again?" He didn't need to ask twice as Mei closed the gap between them, melting into the kiss.