Chapter 32: You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts

What the fuck?

He continued his way to the podium, trying his best to not break down right on the steps.

Hearing voices in my head, perfect.

Ok- ok, not the weirdest thing that happened to me...

He coughed to the side as he took the final steps to the mic, rolling his shoulders absentmindedly.

Who am I kidding, this is top ten shit. Even with my track record...

He finally looked a little higher up and saw the crowd, confused muttering going on between them as they saw him in his glory, they had heard about a male being in the hero course, but he guessed none of them thought he could be the student representative of all things. Slowly they all started staring back at him as if he could explain it all in simple terms.

That only intensified his anxiety over the whole thing. He hadn't thought about it before, but at that moment he desperately wanted to switch quirks with Hagakure.

Ok̺̇ ļ͂e͙̐ṯ̀s̝̅ seẽ͎ i͍͋f th̭̄is wor̪̓k͙͞s.̩̕..͘

He panicked slightly as something shifted in his mental scape, the overwhelming pressure of anxiety lifted off his shoulders, and he felt his posture shift as his point of view adjusted just a little higher as he stood straighter.

Huh...

He looked onto the expecting crowd, aware of how much it wasn't bothering him at that point.

Oh, ̡̈́č̖oō̰l͚͞ ̩͊it a̹̓c̛͟tua̡͞lly ̰̆wo̹͌rk̰͌ed...

...Thanks?

He inhaled one last time. Guess I'm actually doing this...

Midnight was watching on with some concern from his side. He looks like he's actually lost it a little...

" I know I am not what you expected to see. 'Really, a man in UA?' is probably a common thought in your heads. And, well, I can't blame you. I didn't believe I could be here either; it's what they always said to me. "

" They said there was no way I'd be a hero. Well, I am trying to be one anyway. With success so far, but not without injury. I've had my shoulder popped out for more times than I would care for, got my neck broken, and even gotten stabbed. " His voice had adjusted a bit, tone fluctuating like a seasoned showman. That alone almost caused Nemuri to almost do a double-take. ...WAIT WHEN DID HE GET STABBED?

He smiled slightly into the mic as the crowd started looking amongst each other. " I feel like not being a hero would have been a wiser choice. "

Class 1-A looked on with confusion.

" But, it's not the one I made. " His smile grew into a content one. " That choice was the same for everyone standing in this field today. From the general studies department to the Heroics course. And today, we will all do our best to prove that, despite everything, we made the right choice. "

The purple eyes of the woman that declared war on him two weeks ago caught his own in stunned silence.

1-A's confusion turned into awe, Mina between looking at Momo and Ochako, eyes questioning 'Did you two know he could do speeches?'

Their own confused faces were enough of an answer.

" And finally, we will show you why UA made the right decision in letting us burden the weight of the choice we made in their care. We will prove our mettle, show you all our limits. Then burst past them; Go beyond. " He hoped that the rest of the first years were picking up what he was leading to.