Chapter 60: I need you, and that's what scares me.

"Again."

Izuku kicked off the ground and spun in the air, axe-kicking down with deadly force behind his leg, a sonic boom shaking the lights of the training room of the small agency.

He landed, panting and gripping onto his knees. That was the tenth Kaguya-crescent he had attempted in a row, and his legs—his whole lower body—was screaming from torn muscles and lactic acid build-up. Honestly, he was surprised he could still stand.

"Gue̙ss̥ s͎h̹ḙ'll̫ ͚ẉrin͖g ͉y͚o̝u d͎r̘y̝ i͔f͓ ͈you let̩ ͉h͈e͈r̰."

Shut. Up...

"Again," Miruko ordered, stomping the ground with her powerful legs. "You didn't get the contrails; it's not fast enough."

He panted, looking into her crimson eyes. "I... don't think I can do it that fast."

"Not with that attitude you can't. Try again." She was ordering him around like a drill sergeant. "This is the last day of it, and I won't allow you to go out there with your imitation if it's not perfect."

"But-" he panted, legs finally giving under him as he fell on his ass, hissing with pain. "I need a break, I can't do anymore- I will snap something if I try again." he looked down, hissing with defeat. "I'm sorry I couldn't pick it up..."

Her nose twitched, and her hand found its way on top of his head, a blush forming on her face as she gently ran her fingers through his soft, iridescent locks.

It was fluffier and softer than she could ever imagine.

"I-its fine, we can try again later tonight- wanna go on a patrol to..." she hated how bashful she was feeling but she couldn't help it. "Grab something to eat? My treat, for working so hard for so long."

A content hum escaped his lips before he could stop it, leaning into her touch involuntarily "...If you are sure..."

Rumi tried to let the rapidly warming spring air calm her spirits, but considering Izuku was just behind her, it wasn't working. It didn't help that because of the fact his normal costume top was shredded to ribbons, he was forced to patrol in one of his workout shirts.

One of his very tight, very thin workout shirts.

This was doing the opposite of clearing her mind. Instead, all she could think about was how nice it would feel to be completely wrapped up in the embrace those strong arms would provide.

Dammit! This isn't fair! I've barely known the guy two weeks and I'm all mushy and shit? What is this!?

She hazarded a glance over her shoulder where Izuku was walking behind her. The helmet thingy that he wore was secured over his face, concealing his identity for the most part. Though based on some of the lingering looks he was receiving from women on the street, the mask wasn't doing enough, especially with that damn video from the other night leaking.

It felt like her own presence was doing more to keep him from being swarmed by fans, the women recognizing him not approaching him after they got a look at her.

What- do I look mad or some-

"Everything alright?" he asked, making Rumi jump a little bit. She still wasn't used to the voice modulator distorting his voice in the helmet.

"Yeah, fine, just bored I guess." She slowed to a stop, mulling over her internal debate. It was the last day of internships, she and Izuku had been training almost nonstop since he got back from the hospital, and she still hadn't confronted him about what she had witnessed or her frighteningly strong feelings for him that had developed quicker than she ever could have anticipated. All that was remaining was for her to just woman up and do something!