Chapter 66: It was her chaos that made her beautiful

Mei blinked as Izuku read out the last of the letters from the Pussycats, rubbing under her nose gently. "Oh..."

Momo was sniffling lightly and Ochako looked close to breaking out in tears, Mina smiling a smile that was closer to a frown than anything happy.

Katsumi blinked as blankly as she was feeling.

"...Wow- you really..." Ochako breathed out before hugging Izuku's side with a smile. "I can't believe that you helped them so much..."

Izuku smiled and wrapped an arm around her too, pulling her against his frame. "I know... I never thought I would change so much by doing that."

"You didn't?" Mina questioned, her smile progressively turning more teasing. "I thought you'd be the one most understanding of what that would feel like..."

She wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her chest against his back. "Can't you imagine seeing a quirked man on national TV when you didn't know you had your quirk?"

"..." The thought hit Izuku like a freight train, making him flinch. "I... never thought about it like that- but now I am..."

"M̭an, ͢ţh̤ere͈ mu̫s̲t̮ b̝e a̼ ̜l̟ot o̲f̺ me̻n ̲ȩn͖vi̞o̲us o͙f ͔y̝ou͈," Nana muttered at the back of his head, putting his worries on the forefront.

I really don't wanna think about that.

"And... Izuku, it's gonna be a weird thing to ask but can I sleep over today...?" the pink-skinned woman added, nuzzling the back of his neck. "Please?"

"Wait- you thought you weren't?" Mei added with tangible shock then ran around to Izuku's front with a pout. "Are we not sleeping tonight? You didn't tell me!"

"I-" Izuku chuckled, pulling her for a hug with his free arm. "We can, don't worry."

Mina was the first to cheer. "Whoo! Sleepover!"

Momo smiled at the sight serenely, rubbing her eyes with pure happiness looking at the scene of her lovers giggling and setting up for sleep.

Katsumi gave her a sidelong glance with a smirk. "You getting sappy again?"

"Yeah," she breathed out, turning to smile at her brightly. "I was there when history was made- and I've never thought I would ever be this happy in my life"

Katsumi looked away with a gentle blush. "Told you, sappy."

"Alright, you hatchlings!" All Might called out, Mecha-Might finally on her side once more as the hero class began. "Today we are going to be doing some one-on-one sparring! I'll announce the groups in a second!"

The mechanical goliath cracked its neck, his red eye glowing brighter. "Hook͓i̠nͅg̬ i͇n͙to̼ ̩t̪he̺ ̺c̖a̙me̠ra̪ ̯sy̘s̺te͢mͅs̮...̲ ̜co̗nnect͉i͈o͈n ͕se̳c̦ured̜, r͔e̩a̠dy to͍ o̟bse̮rv͖e͙.̰"

"You heard the T.A.! First group-"

Izuku tuned out the names being called out, looking at his gauntlets. In the fight with Stain, he had almost died because he had held back too much. He had to get a better handle on the thin line that was his power output.

"Ea̰sierͅ ͟said—̪țẖo̭uͅg̩h̗t̼—t̨han do̦ne. Even͙ w̰ith ͕Tota̧l Com̰m̡a͉n̢d," Nana chimed in. "H̠o͖n͈est̨l͚y, it̼ ̲mi̟g̙h͙t͇ ̤be̞ w̩o̠rse͚ ̪be̗c͇a̦u̯se̦ ̦y̭o͎u ha̳v͖e̳ T̹o̝ta̗l̬ ̝Com̳mand;͖ yo͇u͎ ̟en̼d̠ ̞up th̜inͅḳi̗ng t̝oo͇ ̻mu̢c̩h̜ ̧f͚or t̹ẖe͙ ̲m̪otion͜ ̻and̳ t̜hat ma̘kes̙ ̥you sͅlowe͖r̫."͕ ̦