Chapter 33: What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

Miruko tapped her foot impatiently, watching the screen from the bleachers of the colossal stadium. I came here to watch fighting, dammit, not this pansy-ass race!

She squinted back at the competitors starting to run, using their skills to get in the way of other people. Trying to stop others instead of bursting through? Such a weak thing to do...

Then she flinched, noticing it. The student rep blazing through, without trying to hinder others, keeping the first place with pure speed and strength alone.

"MISS ME, FUCKER?" came his live voice from the hologram projection in the stadium.

The rabbit hero leaned in as the boy used the mech's own motion against it, a broad smile forming on her lips as he crashed into its head, her rabbit ears twitching.

That kid has some balls though, doesn't he?

Mandalay rubbed her face watching the race. UA had reached out to the Wild Wild Pussycats and asked them for help with summer training for the first year hero students, they had thought it would be a good idea to see what they were bringing to the table.

Mandalay regretted that decision.

Pixie-bob hadn't stopped cooing since the student representative made it to the stage. We get it. He looks like he was chiseled out of marble, we just don't care.

It wasn't helping that with each maneuver the class did, the summer camp looked more and more daunting.

Eraser, just what the hell are you dropping onto our heads?

Ms. Joke couldn't help but laugh at the shocked and surprised faces of the audience as 1-A held nothing back. Each scheme of theirs, more outrageous than the previous, had her sides aching .

Then she heard Mic's reaction to - Uraka?- was there another 'ra' in there? I forgot. Gravity-girl's

little mine-hop and she almost fell out of her seat, Aizawa laughing along with her not helping her current state of losing her fucking mind .

Momo gaped as she saw Ochako shoot by her overhead, surpassing Shoko and Katsumi and going for the lead with the sudden speed boost she got. For a moment, her eyes turned to the gun she was still lugging around. Stopping and trying to take off the straps connecting her to the ordinance would have been just longer than simply running with the thing.

Her eyes went up to the tip of its barrel for a second, realization making her stop in her tracks.

The muzzle break.

The recoil dampener she had designed onto the canon that would usually have the kickback of a car-crash.

"...That would be a very Izuku thing to do."

The muzzle break clattered to the ground, and as fellow racers hit the deck in fear. Momo aimed the gun to the ground, non-newtonian plating forming over her shoulder, where the stock rested against her body.

And pulled the trigger.

The rest was simple physics, really.

Another explosion rattled the last leg of the race as she hit the ground running next to them in a cloud of smoke, legs still a little wobbly but still keeping up with the two. The wreckage of the cannon still hanging from her shoulder.

"REMIND ME TO NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!" She yelled, ears ringing as she barely kept up with Izuku and Ochako.

"Do what again?" Izuku asked. Trying to ignore the fact that she had unzipped her front, giving them both a good view of her sports bra and bare stomach.