Mr Massacre

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 9/6/19)

Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1,229

Warnings: None that I know of? Weird ass bear names, swearing, crying child.

Request: Yep.

Summary: Your daughter's crying. And there's only one thing that will make her feel better.

A/N: Idk how good this is, considering I wrote almost all of this within two hours, but it's here now. Also, bold = Russian.

***

"Where is he?" your daughter mumbled to herself, over and over again, as she rifled through her room.

"What's wrong, Lucy?" Natasha asked her from the doorway.

"I lost him." The little girl began to sniffle.

"Lost who?" Natasha rushed towards her daughter before she fully started to cry. Kneeling in front of her, she placed her hands on Lucy's shoulders, rubbing comforting circles into them, hoping to calm her down so she wouldn't cry. "Your bear?"

"Yeah," Lucy whined. And that's when she began to sob. Her mother pulled her into her chest, shushing her sobs, running her hands up and down Lucy's back.

"What's wrong?!" you asked startled, hurrying into the room after hearing your daughters cries.

"She lost her teddy bear."

"Oh." You crouched down next to the two, trying to gain Lucy's attention, by talking to her. "Hey, that's alright-"

"No, it's not!" Lucy yelled, almost throwing a tantrum at your words. Glairing up a storm at you, for saying such a thing. And about her favourite teddy bear no less. You knew exactly where she got that glare from. Glancing Natasha as she tried to stifle her laughter at the girl's outburst, eyes avoiding yours entirely. Instead fully trained upon the ceiling.

"Of course it's not okay, Lucy. What is okay is that we can find him."

"I've already tried!" she began to cry again.

"Well, where did you see him last?"

"I don't remember!" she cried, her little sobs broken up by hiccups.

"Well, that's helpful," you muttered under your breath, so she wouldn't hear you. Eyes wandering about the room, hoping to find the stuffed animal. But "lucky" for you, your wife had some fantastic hearing. Lightly slapping your arm at your words. Turning back to face her, you mouthed a playful 'what?'.

Natasha shook her head at you, without any malice. "Lucy? Do you remember when you last had him? That would help us find him."

"I. I had him this morning," she stuttered out.

"Before or after we went to the supermarket?" You asked, relieved that you were finally getting something out of her.

"Before. Then I took him to the supermarket with me. Then he was gone! And now I can't find him!" Lucy began crying again. Making yours and Natasha's heartstrings tug at the noise.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'll go looking for him. He can't be too far," you said trying to wipe the tears from your little girls face, patting down her matted hair. As Natasha pouted at her, almost looking like she could cry because of your daughter's sobs.

"I'm gonna go look for the bear," you told Natasha, "Maybe she left it in the supermarket. Or it fell out of the window after she 'makes him fly' when we're parked at a red light."