They're The Man. Part One of Nine: The Runaway Brother and Ex-Best Friend

Warnings: Misogyny, Tony Stark as your brother ig lol

Summary: After your rugby team gets cut and your brother runs off to England, you come up with an insane plan

Series A/N: This is a series rewrite of the movie 'She's The Man'. I will be keeping the reader as gender neutral as I can. And I've also changed it from football to rugby, bc that makes me want to rip my own eyes out less lol

A/N: Here we are, the start of a new series! Hope you guys like it! I tried to keep this as neutral as I possibly could, so as many people as possible could read it, but it was a lil hard ngl lol

---

Ever since you were young, you were always the opposite of what your parents wanted.

They wanted a smartly dressed child, one who did as told, who was always well mannered and respected authority.

Not one who rolled around in mud fighting over a ball and returning home with long-lasting cuts and bruises.

Of course, they wanted the same for your brother.

He didn't give them what they wished for either.

While you were getting tackled, he was playing guitar, writing music, and singing his heart out.

You may be opposites of one another, but you still had one thing in common.

The Stark twins were not what their parents thought they would be.

The day was bright, the warm sun beaming down on you as you walked with the rest of your teammates to the field to practice. Surprised to find the lacrosse team already there when it was the rugby team's scheduled practice time.

"The hell are the lacrosse team doing on our field?" you voiced, looking around.

Valkyrie rushed up to show you the clipboard with a list of your high school's sports scribbled upon it.

"The school cut our team."

"Wait, what?" you asked sceptically, reaching over for the [] to see for yourself.

"Not enough people signed up, so they cut us."

"Oh, well, that's no big deal." You shrugged. "We'll just join the guys' team."

"You really think they'll let us do that?" Wanda asked.

You scoffed, "C'mon, we all know that we're better than most of those guys anyway."

A murmur of agreements sounded from the team as they followed you towards Pierce. The coach of the boys' rugby team.

"Heyo, coach!"

"Y/N." The grey man looked over his shoulder at the rest of the team. "Girls. I heard the bad news."

"'Bad'? It's a disaster," you corrected, "You do realise that now college scouts won't even get to see us play? I'm trying to get a scholarship here."

"I'm sure your family can afford college."

"That's not the point. They won't pay for me to play rugby. Hell, my mom would rather me become a business major and work for the country club."

"Listen, if there's anything I can do, just say the word."

A smile drew across your face. "Well, now that you mention it. We wanna try out for the boys' team."

Coach Pierce laughed, thinking that you were pulling his chain, before he realised you were being entirely serious.

"You're kidding, right?" No answer. "Anything besides that."