Cold December Night

(Posted to Tumblr on 10/12/21)

Words: 1,638

Warnings: Fluff. Ghosting kinda.

Request: Nope.

Summary: You have one meddling sister to thank.

A/N: Second part to 'Meeting In Autumn'.

---

Stockings are hung with care
As children sleep with one eye open
Well now there's more than toys at stake
Cause I'm older now, but not done hoping

The leaves of Autumn had quickly turned into large flakes of snow in the cold December month, laying upon every surface, leaving inches and inches of snow behind.

Christmas was dawning nearer and nearer.

Only a few days away.

And yet, even with the festive season, the beast still attacked the falling flakes.

With the sick onlooker, watching on.

Just like usual, at this time of year, you were bundled up in warm clothing, scarf thrown around your neck, hands pushed deep into the pockets of your tan corduroy jacket.

But instead of laughing brightly, as you had done as you watched your dog leaping for the multicoloured leaves. A small smile only overtook your face, watching on in longing.

Lasher leaping up into the air, only proved to remind you of the red-head you had yet to see again since that November day, a little over a month prior.

She hadn't you after that night you shared your kiss.

And you couldn't help but think to yourself about what she was doing at that moment.

Hoping that she would walk up beside you, just as she had done last time.

The twinkling of the lights
The scent of candles fill the household
'Ol Saint Nick has taken flight
With a heart on board, so please be careful

Each year I ask for many different things
But now I know what my heart wants you to bring

But that never happened.

You were left to head to your warm home with your fluffy companion, passing by houses decked with festive decorations and twinkling lights of multicolours.

People would call you silly for being so infatuated with a woman you had spent only a single day with. Telling you to let go. And that she wasn't interested.

But, there was just something inside of you that couldn't do what most would.

So, with a sigh, you threw your keys onto the table beside the door, wiping your booted feet from the melting snow on the mat as your dog bounded into the house, heading straight for the still-warm fire.

When you stepped into the living room, you spotted Lasher curled up in front of the doused fireplace, stockings hanging from it, along with festive candles, garland, and decorations.

It looked like a Christmas card.

Quickly snapping a picture of it, you easily decided to use it for next year.

So please just fall in love with me this Christmas
There's nothing else that I will need this Christmas
Won't be wrapped under a tree
I want something that lasts forever
So kiss me on this cold December night