The Assistant. Part Two of Two: And There Was Funny Business

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 7/4/20)

Natasha Romanoff x Reader, Platonic!Tony Stark x Reader

Words: 3,886

Warnings: I don't think there is anything. It is mostly dialogue tho.

Request: For the @ryostephi who donated to the Australian Bushfires. (I'm sorry the tag doesn't work)

Summary: When was retirement again?

A/N: I am shocked at how much I got wrong in the first part, after re-watching Iron Man 2 as I wrote this part, and for that, I am so sorry lol. So... I know there's still a lot of Tony in this... and I have no excuse, other than it's based in Iron Man 2, and there's not much "Natalie" plot for me to go off of, and have it be all that good (in my opinion). So, I hope you don't mind lol.

***

"Explain!" Tony practically ordered you, his voice close to a screech, more than anything else.

"I'm an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.," you told him blankly.

"Yes, I see that-!"

"How?" Natasha started, "I- I mean you can't be an Agent, I would have seen you."

"S.H.I.E.L.D. is a big place, Natasha."

"You always knew who I was." She leaned back in her seat, beside Fury, regarding you.

You scoffed, shaking your head. "Of course I did."

"Agent Y/L/N here, has been away for business for a short amount of time now," Fury informed them, gesturing a hand to you.

"No offence, Nick. But I don't think eight months, is a short amount of time," you replied, causing the man to scoff softly at you, his lips quirking in a small smile.

"So, that's where you've been, this whole time?"

You tuned to Tony. "Yeah, that's why slept so much when I got back."

"Anyway," Fury began, drawing everyone's attention back to him, as he spoke to Tony, "You've been very busy. You made your girl your CEO, you're giving away all your stuff. You let your friend fly away with your suit-"

"Wait. Hold, up," You paused him, raising a hand, "Rhodey took a suit?"

"He sure as hell did." Fury said. "Now, if I didn't know better-"

"You don't know better. I didn't give it to him. He took it."

"Oh, well that's better," you said offhandedly, as you rested your chin in your hand, watching the conversation go down.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's right." he pointed at you. "He took it? You're Iron Man and he just took it? The little brother walks in there, kicked your ass and took your suit? Is that possible?" He turned to Natasha.

"Well, according to Mr Starks database security guidelines, there are redundancies to prevent unauthorised usage."

"Whoa, those were some big words..."

Tony snorted softly at both your words and hers. While Natasha threw you a light glare.

"What do you want from me?"

And that was the hidden queue you were looking for. Knowing what was coming next. You sat up straight in your seat, ready to make the move.

"What do we want from you?" And there Natasha goes, sliding out of her seat. You followed in her lead. Pulling yourself up by the table, and spinning yourself around to sit next to Fury. "Uh-uh. What do you want from me?" He continued, repeatedly pointing to the man, as you wore a shit-eating grin by his side, the scene almost painting out like you were watching your sibling getting chewed out by your parent. "You have become a problem, a problem I have to deal with. Contrary to your belief, you are not the centre of my universe."