Dawn

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 12/2/21)

Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 757

Warnings: Child birth??

Request: Non.

Summary: With the sun, came a new love in your life.

A/N: Canon? Nah! We don't know that bitch. DENIED!

***

Pale orange, tinged with a soft pink, doused the pristine white room in a heavenly glow.

With one last cry of excruciating pain, came one of new life.

And suddenly there was no longer darkness in the world, metaphorical and not. Only an ethereal glow, almost as if the steadily rising sun came out, only to welcome the crying babe.

The mother utterly exhausted after giving birth. With her head thrown back against the white hospital pillows, panting away the worst of her lingering pain, as she blinked sleepily.

And then there was you.

You. Who could not take your brimming eyes away from your daughter, as the midwives cleaned and wrapped her up. Your still throbbing hand clasped in Natasha's, as you gave it a light squeeze when you saw them beginning to bring your baby girl over.

Heavily, Natasha raised her head, eager to get here first real look at her child.

Ever so gently, she was placed in her awaiting arms. The impossibly small girl, laying upon your wife's chest. Which seemed to almost instantly soothe the previously crying newborn.

"Look at that," you whispered like you were too afraid to talk in case you scared your daughter, or God forbid, she disappeared before your eyes, "You're a natural."

It seemed Natasha felt the same as you, seeing as her reply came in a quiet whisper, also. However, denying your statement a reply.

"She's perfect."

"She truly is."

***

The door carefully creaked open and in popped Tony Stark's smiling face. Spotting you both.

"Hey, hey. We okay to come in?"

Natasha nodded at the greying man. Before turning to where you stood over your daughter's pristine hospital cot, watching her with eyes filled with love.

"Hand her here?"

Without a word, you carefully picked up your little girl, cradling her to your chest as you walked. Depositing her into your wives awaiting arms.

The rest of the team wordlessly made their way into the room, with bright smiles that could rival the stars, when they saw the girl in Natasha's arms.

"So, is it a girl?" Clint asked, with shining eyes that were suspiciously hopeful.

The red-head didn't notice, as she was too busy gazing at the baby in her arms, but still answered the blonde man's question, anyway.

"Yes."

"Damnit," he hissed under his breath. Which caused everyone to snap their attention's to him, including Natasha.

"What?"

"Explain," you and Natasha demanded at the same time, just about ready to fight the man for your baby girl.

"Oh, it's nothing bad! I just owe Kate twenty bucks."

"Did you..." you started, "Did you bet on our baby?"

He was quiet for a few moments.

"Maybe."

"You could have at least let us get in on it," Natasha said, smiling.

"Okay. Can we please change the subject?" Wanda asked with a smile, "Maybe on to more important things."

"Like...?" Clint pressed.

"Like." The witch turned to face you both. "What's her name?"

"We haven't picked one yet."

"Well, actually..." you smiled.

"No. No, no, no," your beautiful wife repeated. Knowing exactly, what was coming.

"Natasha and I had a deal. If it was a boy, she got to name him, and if it was a girl, I got to name her."

"You're not really going to hold me to that, are you?"

"Oh, I abso-fucking-loutley am."

"Language," Tony said, with a smirk directed at Steve, who rolled his eyes at the man, "There's a baby here."

You flipped him off with a smile, chuckling at his overdramatic gasp as you moved to sit beside Natasha upon the hospital bed. Gazing lovingly down at your daughter.

"So, is there a name picked out for the small babe?" Thor asked.

"Eos."

"What?" everyone questioned at once, bringing a humorous smile upon your face.

"Eos," you repeated. Watching as the small girl smacked her tongue on the roof of her mouth. Lip's moving into the shape of an 'O', making everyone coo at her.

"It's the name of the Greek Goddess of Dawn," you finished.

"It's perfect, Honey," she stated, before speaking to Eos, and pressing a kiss to her tiny forehead, "Just like you."

With a smile, you kissed your wife's temple, it still slightly salty from the dried sweat. Before Natasha turned and kissed you fully, it breaking when Eos cooed, and you two giggled at the small child.

"Do we get to hold her, or what?" Tony asked, rubbing his hands together.

"Of course you do. You are her Aunt and Uncle's, after all."