Santa Jr.. Part One of Three: Here Comes Santa Claus, Here Comes Santa Claus

(Posted to Tumblr on 11/12/21)

Words: 4,023

Warnings: Nothing really... bickering??

Request: No.

Summary: Bored of the town you grew up in, your father sends you out on a "mission" that would end up changing your life.

A/N: Yeah, this is a thing now. Enjoy!

---

Snow.

It covered everything the eye could see.

Dusting everything like a powdered doughnut.

Flakes falling, laying upon the ground, to be crunched underfoot. Scattering upon bundled up shoulders and hair. Giving off a sparkly shine under the flickering orange lamps.

This is what was happening currently. A short man, making his way to his destined building. Hand's shoved deep in his pockets, nose nipping red, even with how used to the cold he was.

Only thinking one thing.

He had to get you.

All the while, in the building.

You sat crouched, staring in front of you, narrowing your eyes at the object of your focused gaze.

"You are genetically enhanced. You are a portable night light," you told Rudolph as she munched away on her greens.

You watched each other, just like you had been for a while, over the gate of her pen.

You were on reindeer feeding duty that day.

Well... that's what you told everyone.

In reality, you were just bored out of your mind and desperately wanted to stay as far away from your muttering father and his list's.

"If I clap my hand's, will your nose turn on?"

"You really need to stop pestering the animals."

The sudden voice behind you caused you to jump out of your skin.

"Gah!" you yelled, spinning on your heels to look at who had just scared the living hell out of you. Only to come face to face with Tim. One of the head elves.

"What the fuck, Tim?!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Watch the language there, buddy," he chided, hands raised, making a calming motion.

"Well, don't sneak up on me, then!"

"I didn't sneak up on you." 'Bullshit'. "I came to fetch you."

"Fetch me?" I'm not some dog."

"Then why do you act like one when there's food around?" Tim sassed, folding his arms over his chest. In a condescending manner.

"Because I like food!" A few moments later, you sighed at the man, thumb and forefinger holding the bridge of your nose. "Why were you sent to fetch me?"

"The big man wants to see you, says it's important."

"Important like, "did you finish the last cookie?" important? Or, "why did you go joy-riding on a reindeer, again?" important?"

"Neither."

You were startled by that.

Shocked to your very core.

"Worse?" you asked, getting a nod in return, "Oh, God," came out in a breath, "What is it?"

"No clue." Tim shrugged. "Nothing life-threatening. That's all I know."