Zoo Adventures

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 9/2/21)

Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1,440

Warnings: Talks of getting eaten by a lion, and death via blimp crash... I'm a weird person, okay.

Request: No.

Summary: A trip to the zoo with your chaotic friend's leads you to meeting a gorgeous red-head and her adorable son.

A/N: This really isn't my best work.

***

Despise for your friends started to fill your whole body. You were surrounded by screaming children, frustrated parents and adults alike, the animal noises mixing horribly against the sounds of the patrons.

You just knew that you were gonna have a migraine by the end of the exhausting day.

Luckily it wasn't as pact as it would have been a few weeks ago. So, you were able to navigate your way through the zoo, with relative ease.

"You think they could eat us?"

You took a pause, blinking at your friend's question. Slowly, you turned your head to face him.

"Of course they could fucking eat us. They're lions!"

A pregnant pause then something that could break your mind.

"They look soft. I want to cuddle 'em."

"Pietro," Wanda said, gaining her brother's attention, "If you cuddled with a lion. It would be the last thing you would ever do before it literally tore you apart."

"If that's the way I go." The silver-haired man shrugged. "Then that's the way I go."

"Piet, that's not the way you're gonna go. You're gonna die in a blimp crash, remember?" you joked, referencing how he told you he was going to die. It had been a running joke with you guys for years now.

"Oh. Yes, yes, yes," he said quickly.

"I hate you both, so much," Wanda said, moving away from you, and towards another part of the zoo.

And so, you were off again.

***

You didn't stride far from the lions, the giraffes being not too far away.

But still, you weren't able to take in the beauty of the animals, thanks to Pietro your friends.

"I want a balloon," your white-haired friend said. Looking wistfully at a child's bright red balloon.

"Oh, I do too!" Wanda piped up.

Them both looking at you, like children would, their mother when they wanted something.

"Knowing you two, you'd probably try and fight each other with them. And then lose them and be sad."

"So, can we?" they asked together.

"No."

"Aww," Piet whined, "You're no fun. This is why mom divorced you."

You laughed at that.

"Well then, your mom shouldn't have slept with someone else."

They both gasped dramatically at your words, before turning back to the long-necked animals, munching away at leaves.

You unconsciously heard a child beside you ask their mother something about the giraffe's unique spots.

Then not too long after, that same child called out, after accidentally letting go of the same red balloon Pietro had been looking at.