We Were On A Break!

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 30/9/19)

Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1,218

Warnings: Angst, swearing, lies. I think that p much it, yeah.

Request: For my 3,333 Followers Celebration.

Summary: Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.

A/N: 67 and 49 with Natasha Romanoff x female reader please :) x
+ (Also for the 67 and 49 Natasha prompt can it be angsty please?) thank you!

Congrats on the followers babe!!! Could you do 16 and 67 for Nat x reader with angst but a happy/happyish ending?

I decided to write these two requests together bc they were v similar. Hope you don't mind! :)

So, this is my first time actually writing (mostly) angst, so idk how good it is.

***

"Y'know, sometimes I think you don't even want to be with me."

"Sometimes I don't want to be with you," Natasha spat, "Has that ever crossed your mind?"

"All the fucking time," you utter.

Natasha scoffs at your words, shaking her head in disdain.

"Do you love me? Huh, do you even fucking love me anymore?! Have you ever?!" You can't remember the last time you were this angry. Pacing up and down the length of the couch. Your knuckles white from how hard you clenched them by your sides, eyebrows furrowed, and a sneer upon your lip.

"Of course I did," Natasha said offhandedly.

You stopped abruptly in your pacing. Turning your head to Natasha, unable to move your body right now. Out of shock? Anger? You didn't know.

"'Did'?" you bit, finally turning your body around to face her, "You don't love me anymore?"

"Now, I didn't say that." Natasha pointed at you.

"Oh, no. I really think ya did!"

"Y/N, will you stop being so- So-"

"So what?"

"So, fucking, stupid! Of course I love you! If I didn't love you, I wouldn't be with you," Natasha spat.

"Really?"

"Yes?" Natasha said, confused at what you were getting at.

"Yeah? Then why don't you fucking act like it?!"

"Oh, not this, again!"

"Yes, this again!" you raged, stalking up to Natasha until you were only a few inches from her, "You're never here! And when you are, you don't act like it! Always on your phone, talking to anyone but me! And then when you actually give me the time of day, all we do is fight-"

"And whose fault is that?!" Natasha screamed at you, trying to place the blame on you.

"Yours, because you start them!"

Natasha hotly blew air from her mouth at this, shaking her head, not once looking you in the eyes.

"See, you're not even looking at me. That's how I fucking know I'm right."

"Oh my, God!" Natasha roared, her hands locking into claws in front of her, out of pure frustration.

"What? Natasha, what?" you asked, watching her back, as she stepped away from you, "Will you just talk to me?"