Letters to Santa

Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1,164

Warnings: Fluff, children glimpsing "horror" movies, religious jokes kinda??

Request: Fa la la la nah.

Summary: You and your wife help your children write their letters to Ol' St. Nick... and maybe someone else.

A/N: This is a "prelude" to my 'Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas' fic.

---

Your son was struggling.

His little face contorted in concentration as he held a pencil in his fist at the dining table.

Sighing softly, you parked yourself in the chair beside his, easily peering over his shoulder to see what he was scribbling down.

"What are you trying to spell?" you asked, instantly knowing what was wrong.

"Lamborghini."

Your eyes bulged at that, turning to peer at your son with your jaw hanging open, no longer reading his scrawled letter to Santa.

"You're asking for a Lamborghini?"

"Yeah!" He beamed, nodding happily. Thankfully blanking your obvious shock. Then motioning with his hands. "I wanna race cars with Morgan and James."

When your friends' children were brought up, your face morphed in understanding when your original assumption was corrected, "Oh! You mean like a remote control Lamborghini?"

"Yeah!" Luka repeated, just as excited as before, bouncing slightly upon his seat.

"Alright then." Leaning over, you helped direct him on how to spell the toy he wanted, finger-pointing along the paper that was his letter to Santa.

It was at that point, that your wife walked up to the table with your daughter Anastasia in her arms, taking the seat across from your son with the girl on her lap, intent on helping her with her own letter.

"Mommy, when will Santa get his letter?"

Not giving Natasha a chance to answer the girl, you spoke up, sparing the two a glance, before returning to help your son, "Three to five business days."

Shaking her head at you, face adorned with a good-natured smile, turning to correct your words to the four-year-old.

"He'll get it as soon as possible. The post is very fast when it comes to letters to Santa."

"So he'll get them before Christmas?" Ana asked worriedly.

"Of course, he will."

"There's no need to worry," you added, meeting your daughter's eyes as you vanquished her distress, "There'll be more than enough time for Santa to read both of your letters and get them ready for delivery on Christmas Eve."

Your son and daughter smiled at you happily.

It was still early on in December, so there was no real worry for your children in their belief in Santa. But you couldn't blame them. Every other child they knew had already written their letters and "sent them off" weeks ago. So their worry was understandable.

"What are you asking Santa for, Ana?" Luka asked his sister.

Natasha peered down at her expectantly, brushing down her matching soft red locks, ready to write whatever she asked for.

"I want a pretty dolly. Like that one mommy and ma watched."

Both Natasha and yourself looked at her confused before your eyes connected, silently asking the other what movie she was talking about.