Shine Like Gold

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 26/12/20)

Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1,014

Warnings: Nothing rlly.

Request: Yeah.

Summary: You spend Christmas with The Avengers, but with one gift, your life takes a whole new path.

A/N: Me? Posting something?? OUTSTANDING! Also. Die Hard is not a Christmas movie, fite me!

***

You weren't entirely with it as you sat around the common room with the rest of your team-mates, on Christmas day, exchanging plenty of gifts. Sipping graciously from the bitter drink that your brother had introduced you to, as soon as you had arrived upon Midgard, hoping for it to wake you up like it did Barton.

A tap on your shoulder brought your attention to your red-headed team-mate, Natasha.

You didn't know her as well as you wished you did, in the almost two years of you being on the team. As Tony would say, you were "crushing on her" pretty hard.

"What is wrong, Lady Roman-?" you stopped yourself short, knowing how she didn't like you calling her that. "Natasha?"

She gestured her head behind her. "I wanna give you your gift away from the others."

Your mouth formed into an 'O' shape, placing your coffee down in front of you, you then jumped over the back of the couch, following her deeper into the back of the room.

Inside the box, she presented you with was two solid gold cuff bracelets. Ones that perfectly matched your leather, battle-worn cuffs, that you loved so much, which sadly broke upon your last mission.

They easily slid around your wrists. Shining under the light shining into the room, as you inspected them, with a fond smile.

"They're amazing, Natasha. Thank you. I love them."

"Really?" she asked hopefully. To which you nodded.

"Really. I couldn't think of a more perfect gift someone could have given me."

'Except maybe you', you thought, looking down at he smiling Avenger.

"I'm glad you like them so much," she spoke softly.

"Oh, that reminds me!"

You pushed your hand into the pocket of your pyjamas, which were covered in mini versions of your brother's hammer, digging for her gift.

When you pulled the slim, but long black box from your pocket, clad with a little red bow, you shrugged your shoulders at Natasha's bewildered face.

"Big pockets. Anyway." You thrust the gift out to her. "This is for you, my dear. I just hope you like it as much as I do my gifts, from you."

"I'll love it no matter what it is."

"I hope so," you whispered.

"Oh, Y/N."

Your eyes snapped up from the floor, now looking at Natasha as she gazed down at the open present in hand. Fingers lightly tracing the delicate gold chain, and rectangular plate hanging from it.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." You saw the honesty in her eyes when she told you this. "Would you put it on me?"

"Of course."

You were worried you'd break the delicate chain as you placed it around Natasha's neck. Fiddling with the small clasp, unknowingly bringing a smile to her face, for that reason.

"There. All done."

She looked down at the chain, seeing the plate hanging against her chest, with a smile. Playing with it between her fingers, she said, "It's gorgeous. Thank you."

"Yes. You are more than welcome, my dear." You slowly nodded, with a smile. "That shade of gold... it. It reminds me of my home. The palace I grew up in. When the sun would hit it just right, it would glow so bright that you would think it was a star."

"It sounds beautiful," the red-head spoke, her voice matching the dreamy tone of yours.

"It was."

Your head dropped, just as your spirits had. Natasha instantly regretting her words. Feeling as of it was her fault that you were now remorseful, and homesick for your lost home.

"But still," you began, spirits seemingly higher than before. However, she could still see the sadness behind your eyes, "It would still not have compared to your extraordinary beauty, my dear."

Your statement was true before, but it was only solidified when you spotted the rosy blush upon Natashas cheeks, just before she bowed and turned her head, as to hide it from you.

"You keep saying things like that, and I'm gonna end up kissing you."

"Would that really be a bad thing?"

"That depends." Natasha smiles, loving the way you look at her curiously.

"Depends on what?"

"If you want it or not."

The corner of your lip ticked up, as you gazed down at Natasha. Her eyes mirroring yours with an unspoken confirmation.

And so. As you began to lean in, she moved to copy you. And soon enough, your lips were pressed together in a warm kiss, that was softer than the clouds in Vahala.

"Hell yeah!" Tony shouted. Causing you to pull away from the kiss, to look over at the man with his arms raised high above his head, watching you, "You've finally stopped crushing on each other from afar, and done something about it."

From the corner of your eye, you could spot Sam, slapping a green note into an arrogant, cocky looking Clints hand.

"Mind your business, Tony!"

"I will not! This has been bucking me for years now!"

"I've only been on the team for a year and a half," you pointed out to the man.

"I don't care! This is the best Christmas present ever!"

Natasha rolled her eyes at the still celebrating man. Turning to face you her demeanour took on somewhat of a shy one.

"Do you..." She cleared her throat. "Do you wanna go to my room and watch some holiday movies?"

"Is this a date, Lady Romanoff?" you asked playfully.

"It's whatever you want it to be," she answered, with honest yet mysterious eyes.

"Let's just call this the beginning of something unequivocally special."

"Sounds perfect to me."

She grasped your hand, and you wondered how someone so fierce and well made for battle, at any given moment, had such soft hands. It was when you passed different halls, that it finally dawned on you, that you were being led to her room.

"Oh. By the way," Natasha turned to face you over her shoulder, still walking with you to her room, "'Die Hard' isn't considered a holiday movie."

"What's 'Die Hard'?"