They're The Man. Part Two: Babies First Day At School

Words: 4,758

Warnings: The reader embarrassing themselves a few times, kinda ooc Wade, objectifying women... yay.

Summary: For all your confidence you never expected to get such cold feet, lucky for you Thor was there to push you into playing out your plan. I mean, how hard could your first day possibly be?

A/N: I'm not the most knowledgeable on binders, so the length of time that you're allowed to wear them may not be accurate in this fic. But it's fiction so.

---

You had a lot of wishes in life, the main one as of right now being for your swift escape without bumping into your mother.

But, as the saying goes.

You can't always get what you want.

It was only when you were a few feet from the front door that you heard Maria's voice behind you.

"Uh, where do you think you're going?"

"Fuck," you hissed to yourself before turning around to face her, "Mom, I told you. I'm going to stay at dads house for two weeks."

You tried to turn to leave, once again, but were stopped by the blonde woman.

"No, you didn't. And you're not going."

"Listen, mom-"

"We've hardly spent any time together this summer. So, march upstairs and unpack."

"Yeah, I wonder why," you mumbled, so she wouldn't hear. Hastily clearing your throat, you continued, "Mom, listen, I had a good long think about what you said. And I know Christine is gonna be there the whole time with Tony because he can never get rid of her. So, I was just thinking, that maybe she could show me the ropes on the whole debutante ball thing. Y'know, how to act all "proper" and stuff." You couldn't help but use air quotes, but that didn't matter. She ignored it, too busy beaming at you in excitement from where she sat at the dining table.

"This is so exciting!"

"Isn't it?" you exclaimed with a fake smile and false happiness to go along with it.

"You're gonna have so much fun." Thanks to your tailored lie, your mother now led you to the door herself. All the while, rambling on, "There's the formal ball, of course."

"Oh, of course."

"And the Luncheon. And, oh, did I mention the fundraiser next week? It's gonna be a carnival!"

"No way!" you yelled, trying to convey great excitement.

"Now, your brother promised to be there-" You'd have to make up some bullshit story for that, too. You'll probably just tell her that he was behind on his studies, or something. "-So, remind him when you see him."

"I will." You nodded.

'He's not gonna be there.'

"Oh, my baby." You drew back slightly when her palms held your cheeks, moving your face side-to-side lovingly. "You're finally growing up and becoming a well-rounded member of society."

You had to bite back the fiery retort that sat upon your tongue at her words.

And with that, you took your leave.

---

For a man as large as Thor was, no one expected him to drive such a tiny car. Which only made it harder for you, as you had to get changed within the crammed Volks Waggon Beatle on the way to "your" new private school, disguised as your brother.