Santa Jr.. Part Two of Three: Tim-iliation And Bonding

(Posted to Tumblr on 18/12/21)

Words: 4,808

Warnings: Alludes to Natasha's past.

Request: No.

Summary: You finally spend some time with Natasha, trying to bring the Holiday Spirit to her. Only you end up enjoying her company more than you thought you would.

---

You had slept too long during your nap.

You were quickly getting changed for the party, the TV playing in the background when you suddenly paused. Pants, still undone as you watched open-mouthed at the TV. "And that's the end of the famous Avenger's Holiday Party!" the reporter spoke into the camera of some gossip channel, "Tune in, after these short commercials to find out what we know."

Sighing heavily, you fell back into the sofa, arm coming over your eyes.

"Fuck!"

You had missed your chance.

What the fuck were you gonna do now?

Well...

You would soon find out the next day as you were walking the streets of New York.

Surprise rocketed through you, jumping slightly when a trap came to your shoulder.

Spinning on your heel, you came face to face with the red-head Natasha Romanoff. Her eyes shining with humoured curiosity, head cocked slightly to the side.

"I thought it was you."

"You scared the shit out of me."

Natasha laughed brightly, "I could tell with the way you jumped out of your skin."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," you mumbled, looking away from the beautiful woman.

"I didn't see you last night. You know not a lot of people turn down an invitation to a party hosted by Tony Stark."

"I thought it was an Avengers party?" you asked, confused.

"Well, technically it is. But Tony is always the one who wants to throw them. It's only during the "special occasions" that The Avenger's name is slapped on the bill."

"Ah well," you started bashfully, rubbing the back of your neck, "Jetlag. I kinda slept too long. By the time I realised, the party was pretty much over."

Natasha hummed at your confession.

"Don't worry. There'll always be other ones."

"I'm sure there will be. But I'm not much of a party person, anyway."

"Then why were you planning on coming to the one yesterday?" You could tell Natasha was reverting back into spy mode, trying to find out if you had any ulterior motives.

Which you did.

But doubted she would believe it anyway.

You shrugged, glancing over her head, at the people walking behind her.

"New city. Don't know anyone here. Thought I'd branch out a little bit."

"Well, Peter seems to have taken a liking to you. Couldn't stop talking about you when you left. He was pretty disappointed when he didn't see you at the party yesterday."

"Don't tell me that," you whined, "Now I just feel worse. He's a sweet kid." You nodded. "Please tell him that I'm sorry I couldn't make it the next time you see him."