White Christmas

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 19/12/19)

Natasha Romanoff X reader

Words: 1,025

Warnings: None?

Request: Nope.

Summary: Maybe you should thank Clint, for pawning his kids off onto Nat... nah.

A/N: I really didn't know what to do for this one. But I tried!

***

"I can't believe Clint pawned his son off on you."

"Not just his son," Natasha told you. Making you shake your head and look at her in confusion, "All of the kids."

"Why?" you asked, eyes never once leaving the six-month-old in Natasha's arms.

"Because Clint and Laura needed a break. So, I'm looking after the kids for the weekend."

"And you can handle that?" You asked slightly sceptically, "Because, no offence, but taking care of kids is hard work, and it's nothing like our jobs."

"Of course I can handle it. Because you're helping me." And with that, Natasha took her leave.

Watching as she left, you called after her, just as she walked through the open door, "Wait! What?!"

Oh... this was gonna be one hell of a weekend.

***

The sky was a pale white behind the New York skyline. The cold air bit at your skin. It hadn't snown yet, but you knew it was only a matter of time before it did.

Natasha had to run a few errands with Nate, in his pushchair, dragging you along with her. Before picking the other two up from school.

"It's a bit close to Christmas for Clint and Laura to be having a trip, don't you think?" you wondered aloud.

"It's only a weekend. And Christmas is two weeks away," Natasha smiled over at you.

You hummed. "I guess you're right."

"'You guess'?" Natasha stressed, raising an eyebrow at you, causing you to smile.

"You are right. How's that?"

"Much better."

Just then a cry filled the air, erupting from the pushchair in front of Natasha. The wailing made you stop in the middle of the walkway, as to tend to the crying boy. People, in the busy New York street, bumping into you, angrily glaring as they manoeuvred around you. But you paid them no mind.

"What's up with him?" you asked.

"I don't know," Natasha said, a slight hint of worry shining through her voice.

"C'mon." You pulled her, pointing in the general direction of a coffee shop. "Let's go in here and sort him out."

The coffee shop was warm. A stark difference from the nippy weather, that surrounded you outside.

While Natasha walked to the back of the shop, where a small empty table sat. You ordered some warm drinks and cookies to go along with them.

"How is he?" you asked, sitting down beside the red-head. Who now had a whimpering Nathaniel in her arms.

"He just wanted to be held."

"Wow, clingy much?" you joked.

Your words flew over Natasha's head, not registering them as a joke.

"He's a baby. He's allowed to be," she spoke softly. Eyes just as soft, peering down a the baby.

You could almost feel your eyes doing the same thing, thanks to the sight in front of you.

"You're a cute family."

You were alerted by a new voice, coming from another table. You and Natasha snapped your heads up to see two cute old ladies smiling at you.

"Uhh..." Was all you could say.

"Thank you," Natasha spoke for the both of you.

Your eyebrows furrowed and you snapped your head towards Natasha, gaping at her. Only for her to throw you a wink. One that said, "Play along". A smile tugged at your face.

This was gonna be an experience, to say the least.

"How old is the baby?" The same woman cooed.

"He just turned six months," Natasha answered.

"And how long have you two been together?" The other woman asked, pointing between you both.

"We've been together for five and a half years, right?" Natasha asked you in conformation, but before you could answer, she finished, "And married for three. It was actually our anniversary last month."

Wow, she is good at this.

"Yeah, we spend the day taking care of this little guy, because he wasn't feeling so well," you added, tickling Nate's cheek.

Natasha smirked at you, as the women across from you awwed at the babies fake (not that they knew) sickness.

The conversation with the grey women spanned from there. Mainly just talking about children, them giving you advice for the future. It was sweet, really. You almost felt bad for lying to them.

"Babe-" Babe. Oh, that made you feel things. "-Will you take him? I gotta go to the bathroom."

"Yeah, sure."

For the first time, you held Nate in your arms, instinctively pulling him closer to your body, and rocking him side to side.

"Well, we must be heading off," The woman who first spoke, whose name turned out to be Edna, said, getting up from her seat. The other woman, Tina, following in her lead. "You tell your wife we said 'bye'."

"I will." You nodded.

You don't know how long you were left looking down at the sleeping boy in your arms, smiling at every twitch of his face. It couldn't have been more than two minutes when a pair of hands were placed on your shoulders, and a face leaned in next to yours.

"Where did they go?" Natasha asked softly.

"They had to leave, I don't know what for. They said 'bye', though."

"That's sweet," she said, "Speaking of leaving, we really should get going, we gotta go pick up Cooper and Lila from school."

"'Babe'?" you asked, making Natasha look up from where she was strapping Nate back into his pushchair. Did she think you were calling her babe? Nah, of course not. "Way to sell our fake relationship."

"Shut up." She smiled. "And anyway, who said anything about it being fake?"

"But we're not married," you pointed out confused, "And we don't have kids."

Natasha said nothing, only moving over to place a soft kiss on your lips.

"No do you understand what I mean?" she asked once she pulled away.

"Yeah... yeah..." you uttered breathlessly.

"Come on then, we have to pick up more of our illegitimate children."

Once you stepped outside, you spoke, "Hey, look its snowing." Before, "Hey, look its snowing," you repeated, but this time in a hard voice.

"Yes? And?"

"It's gonna be hell getting the kids."

"Fuck."