Regrets and Hate

Lucien's POV

From the moment, he answered the phone, Lucien had been frozen inside. He didn't know what to feel. He didn't want to think about what happened years ago. It hurt too much. Even after all this time. Even though he had moved on, his soul wasn't at peace. Riley's betrayal had cut deep. He was filled with hate. He couldn't focus on much anymore. He was consumed by hate and regrets. Regrets, that he had ever loved such a deceptive bitch.
Regrets for wasting his time on someone so wicked. What he couldn't deal with though, was the little voice in his head that kept nagging him to get an answer about why she did what she did. (AN: Sounds like someone's going a bit kookoos. Need a Shrink?)

The only reason, he was here in this place was because it was his sister's wedding. Otherwise, nothing would have dragged him here, once, he overheard his mom and Grace talking about Riley and the resort. He along with Elena, had just entered the reception area when he saw Riley. He had frozen in shock. The girl he grew up with, had turned into a stunning woman. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. From the moment he saw her, his eyes focused on her and just her. She was dressed simply with no make up or artifice, and she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. In that moment, it was just him and her and nothing else. He was even jealous of the fact that she didn't see him or notice him, but she saw Grace. She hugged his family as if she had missed them a lot. He saw when, all three women cried. He was transfixed and not even Elena, tugging on his arm, could drag his attention away from her. His eyes followed her, as she walked past him, without noticing him, with his mom and sister, in tow.

Roberto joined them, as they finally moved to join the others outside. Lucien barely paid attention, as Roberto carried on, about meeting the girl, he was going to marry. Lucien didn't pay attention. His focus was on one person only. The sensations that went through him, when they finally locked eyes, was indescribable. Noone else existed. She just nodded at them, the turned away, as if dismissing them. She didn't even greet Elena and Roberto. Anger started to simmer. Her actions from the past, rose up to taunt him, swiftly putting an end to his foolishness. Yes, this was what he needed to remember. The got to the cottages and were sorted out according to who was sleeping where. His mind wasn't functioning according to his current reality. It was all over the place.
He needed to be near, his mother's calming influence. (Mama's boy!)

He left the cottage to go to the one, where his family were staying, when he saw Riley exit from there and get into the golf cart. He stopped and stared at her. She saw him. He knew she did. She ignored his presence and drove off. Bitterness and anger filled his heart. "She had it coming. He will deal with her. Riley will pay for hurting him! He made a vow to himself, that she would pay. (Yes, that's right! Lucien had become a cold and bitter person and Riley had made him that way, with her betrayal?) He would hurt her, the same way, she hurt him. He would play with her feelings, then crush her. Lucien Sinclair wasn't anybody's fool!" (Jackass!)

He went to spend time with his mother. He needed her calm and soothing attitude, more than ever. Stacy had a way of calming Lucien's boiling emotions since he was a young boy. When he met Riley, she had done that. Ever since she left, he had needed to be in his mother's presence when his emotions reached a boiling point. (AN: No, he's not mentally disturbed. He just feels deeply and sometimes, people get affected too much, by what they feel. It becomes a burden to feel so much. Those people need an anchor, to keep them grounded. This is the case here.) He chatted to his parents and Grace until it was time to change for dinner. He was of two minds. Go to the dinner and make Riley pay or stay in the cottage and find some peace. Ofcourse, he remembered that his sister was getting married and this was all about her. He also remembered Elena. She had surprised him, by turning into a party animal. He believed that she was quiet and unsociable, but in the last two years, after they got engaged, she had started going out a lot. He didn't mind that she went, he just thought it was odd for someone who liked staying in, as she said she did. He was grateful for Elena. She had helped him to pick up the pieces and hadn't betrayed him, in any way. It was a pity that he couldn't go beyond kissing with her. He didn't get aroused when he kissed her. Come to think of it, he didn't like kissing either. It was that witch. It was her fault. She had spoiled him for others. He wasn't going to allow it anymore.

Taking a shower and getting dressed in black jeans and a grape coloured shirt, he went to check if Elena was ready. She wasn't and they agreed to see each other at the dining room. When he got to the dining room that was prepared, for Grace, he saw Riley with two men. He looked at her dress and saw that they were both, wearing a similar color. She looked gorgeous. He was still processing the fact that she was holding onto both men. The one turned and his blood froze. "It was him. The one in the photo. In bed with Riley!" A rage like he had never known, overtook his senses. He marched up to the trio, who were now standing in front of the door. "You!" was all he managed to get out. He was, speechless with rage. The guy turned and looking at Lucien, he replied with a yes. Then he did something that made Lucien freak out. He looked Lucien up and down in a lascivious way, then slid a guilty look at the other guy with them. The other guy, took a step towards him which placed him between Lucien and the first one. Riley just looked shocked. Lucien wasn't intimidated, but he was freaked out at that look, from a man. Glaring all at three of them, he brushed past them into the room.

The next few hours was a nightmare. He hated looking at Riley, yet his eyes kept drawing to her, as if she was a magnet. He glared at her the whole time. He could see that she was getting annoyed. "Good!" he thought. At one point, she glared back at him. Since they were sitting close to each other, at the same table, he could feel her anger at him. He also observed the other two and wondered what was strange about them. He glared at that guy as well and that guy glared back but it seemed as if he was also checking him out. Lucien was even more confused now. He didn't know who was who as he had only focused on Riley when he got here. He didn't like being in the dark. He also didn't like how both guys found excuse to keep touching Riley. He didn't realize that Elena and Roberto were sitting next to him, either. They were used to his moods and left him to his own devices at times.

Lucien's opportunity came, when he saw Riley get up from the table. He also didn't miss, how much she drank. Since when, did she drink so much, he wondered. He got up from the chair and mumbling, "I'll be back now," he followed her. When she came out of the ladies, he was waiting. She was shocked to see him there. She tried to leave and he moved in front of her. "You and I need to talk! Now!" He was glaring at her the whole time. He didn't realise how close he was until he saw her eyes. They were dull and empty. She was angry all right. Her eyes spit fire but where they, were once, vibrant and sparkling, nomatter her mood, they were now dull and empty. He was stunned for a moment. Only a moment because the next moment,he was stupefied at the words that spilled out of her mouth. "Fuck off, Lucien!" She sped off, while he stood there, like a fool. He was brought to focus by Roberto's presence. "Lucien? Do you know that girl you were talking to? Who is she? I want her! She will be my wife. She's the one, I was talking about earlier." Lucien did not answer. He couldn't. He was imagining all the ways he would kill Roberto. If he thought, he was angry before, then he was wrong. The way he felt now, he would gladly go to jail for murder.

AN: Awww shame. Poor baby. You threw away your toy now you don't want anyone else to have it. Sorry for you sucker!