Holding On!

In the last chapter, Stacy and Lucien spent quality time together. Stacy knows the whole story. She will do what she can to help Lucien get Riley back. Lucien decided that he will do whatever it takes, to get her back.

Lucien goes back to his apartment, feeling relaxed and at peace. "Spending time with his mother had helped him to clear his mind. Hers, was always the voice of reason. She had always been, his 'go to' person. Until, he met Riley, his Mom, had been the one he leaned on. His mother had encouraged him during his friendship with Riley. She had seen, what Riley meant to him and had, encouraged their friendship and later on, their relationship. His Mom had seen how Riley, had drawn him out of his shell. He had had, no choice, in their friendship. He had become Riley's adoring slave, when she beat up his bully. Riley had become his, willing slave too. She had found someone, to protect. He knew that he could count on his Mom for support. He just prayed that he didn't lose Riley, to someone else. Like that idiot Roberto. He realised he was being unfair and mentally apologized to Roberto."

He gathered his thoughts together and started making notes, to the time, when he started receiving the messages. Notes were left in his locker or in his bag. Every time, he went to the gym, he found notes when he went to his locker. This happened, before he started to receive the photos. With hindsight, he realized that Elena had gone to the same gym. He had seen her there. Every time. The way she looked at him, always made him uncomfortable. He felt like slapping himself, for not remembering, something so important, earlier. His life would be different now. He would be with Riley. Anger flowed through his veins. Anger for Elena, anger for himself, most of all and anger at Riley. Riley had not fought back. He knew he was being unfair. She had tried to tell him that she was innocent. She should have tried harder. In that moment, he became irrational. Anger surged through his veins. He was going to go see Riley, as soon as, he found out, what happened years ago. She was going to shut up and let him talk.

He called a friend, who worked for an intelligence agency. He needed to move faster. He received advice and he knew how to get the truth. He called Elena and arranged a date. He set up the dining room, ordered her favourite foods, checked his stock of wine and laid the table with candles and a vase filled with roses. He knew she didn't drink, however, he had to convince her. She had told him a long time ago, that alcohol made her talk too much, that she had no filter when she got drunk. His plan was to make her get drunk then ask her questions. He didn't feel bad about being so deceptive. After all, she had possibly destroyed his relationship with Riley, without any qualms, so why, should he feel bad. His future was at stake here and he wasn't going to allow anyone, to take advantage of him. His plan was to talk about their wedding and then ask her questions, after plying her with alcohol. Hopefully, he would get to the bottom of what happened years ago.

He missed Riley so much. "There, he finally acknowledged how much, she meant, to him. He admitted it. He was a fool. He had thrown away, someone so precious to him, like yesterday's rubbish. He would slap himself if he could. (Oh, shame, don't worry. I'll slap you!) He didn't know how he was going to fix things with Riley but he sure as hell, would try. Riley had to forgive him. For the first time, in a long time, his mind was clear. He would get his girl. Even if, Elena was innocent, he would have to end things with her. He didn't love her and that wasn't fair to her. He had to focus on getting Riley back." He prayed then, after many years. He asked God to guide him and, to help him, to get Riley back. He hoped that God would be on his side. Giving silent thanks and praise to God, he looked around one last time, before going to shower.

He had just finished dressing when, the doorbell rang. The food was here. He paid and just as the delivery boy left, Elena arrived. He kissed her cheeks, as she went for his lips. Ushering her inside, he used the excuse of the food getting cold. He led her to the dining table and asked her to sit. He also sat and they opened the dishes, then helped themselves, to what they wanted. At first she refused his offer of wine, and when she showed an interest in the fact that they were celebrating, their soon to be wed, status, he offered again. This time she accepted. He was shocked when she even refilled for herself. She smiled a lot and was talking about nothing in particular. He went in, for the kill. The questions started.

He asked her, when, she had become a photographer and why? She replied that she had always wanted to be a photographer. He asked about photo shopping and she said that it is great but, she hasn't used the app properly, for a long time. He then asked, when last she had used it. She said it was years ago. She needed something and she had used an app, to get it. She laughed and said that she was awesome at photoshopping. "It got me you, my love. Don't you see? Damn, I'm good! I can make people disappear. You know what? Riley never cheated on you. The guy in the picture, is Ryan. My cousin Ryan. He's gay. Can you believe it? What a shocker! That idiot had to go after boys. My plan worked though. You're with me. Don't worry, my love, neither of us would remember this, tomorrow. We're both drunk. Finally I can say it. I'm obsessed with you. I've wanted you, since I laid eyes on you. Now you're mine. That stinking cow Riley, lost. She's always good at everything she does. Always first in class, since primary school. I hate her. If she tries to take you from me, I will kill her. I swear I will. You Lucien, are mine. I won't let her have you! You, are, mine. Only mine!" By this time, Elena was shouting. Looking at her face, Lucien wondered how he hadn't, seen it before. Elena was totally crazy. She kept on ranting. He pretended to be drunk.

She passed out on the sofa. She could barely walk. He covered her with a blanket, after removing her shoes. He locked his bedroom door. He didn't trust her at all. He wasn't taking chances. Nothing should spoil his chance to be, with Riley. He had recorded the conversation. He could hardly wait, for her to wake up. For the first time, in a long time, he felt a lifting of the burdens he carried. "He would only be free when he apologized to Riley, and, begged her to take him back."

AN: I will leave it here. I am working on the next chapter. I'm sorry that this was late.

So, Lucien finally became a man. 🙄 He's finally on the right path. Hopefully, he doesn't change his mind. What will Elena do?