Ugly clowns and kick ass moves!

In the last chapter, an unspoken resolution was reached. Will it work out for them?

Riley's smile was wide as Lucien entered her office. She looked happy to see him. His smile in return, froze on his face as Riley looked behind him in fear. He was about to turn and look, when he was shoved in the back. He went tumbling to the floor. He heard Riley shout his name, as she rushed to his side. She helped him to stand up, but stayed standing, in front of him. He looked at what she was looking at and saw a clown. He understood then. Riley was afraid of clowns. Riley was not afraid of anything else in this world but clowns, were another thing altogether. He took her hand in his, but she didn't look at him. He saw that she was trembling. He rubbed the back of her hand, with his thumb.

Riley hated clowns. She couldn't stand them. At first when she saw the clown, she felt dizzy and almost fainted. A clown had scared her pretty badly in her childhood, and ever since then, she was terrified of them. Her knees felt weak and she couldn't breathe. When the clown shoved Lucien, her fear disappeared and anger took its place. She rushed to help him up and faced the clown, to blast him or her. Her mind was racing, as she tried to remember why a clown, was at the resort. She remembered the family, who had brought their kid on holiday, for his sixth birthday. The resort usually provided this service but Thomas, one of the supervisors, who usually took on this task, was on leave. Nobody else could do tricks that children liked. This clown, was too small in size, to be Thomas. They must have hired someone from outside. In any case, none of her staff would behave like this. This was intentional. Riley was always quick to figure out stuff and there was no exception, this time. "Hello Elena! Long time no see. What do you want?"

Lucien tightened his hold on Riley's hand. He wanted to punch something. His phone was charging, in Riley's place. The clown was quiet for a moment, then clapped her hands and laughed. "Well done Riley! Now I remember, you wanted to join the police force, when we were, in University. How's that working out for you? Anyway, shut the fuck up and listen!" Riley tilted her head to the side, and looked Elena up and down. "Listen, Clown ....er...um.....Elena....it's hard to take you seriously, when you look like that. I'm trying, but all I see is that red nose. The ball on your nose. Is it real? Do clowns have mustaches? Is your mustache real? What happened to you? Did you hire that costume, or is it from your closet? Your outfit looks really good. In fact, it suits you. Oh wow, Elena! It's nice of you to offer your services for the kid's party. Thank you. Even though your outfit, I r...." "Shut up! Shut up! Shut upppp! I can't stand you. I can't stand your voice. Lucien, you sit down. Riley, you come stand here."

Lucien had no choice but to listen, when Elena whipped out a gun, from a bag, that she carried, over her shoulder. She pointed the gun at Riley. Lucien's heart stopped. He reached out a hand to grab Riley and push her behind him. She wasn't there. She was walking to Elena. A straight path in front of him. He realised what she was doing. He didn't like it. "Riley!" His voice showed all the anguish and terror, he felt, at that moment. Riley paused for a second, then continued. Lucien looked closely at her hand, which was hanging loosely, at her side. She was signing something with her hand. He cursed himself for not paying attention whenever she taught him sign language. When she reached Elena, the witch grabbed her and held the gun to her head. Riley looked calm. Too calm. Lucien was worried. Riley was going to do something that could end with, her being severely wounded, or killed. He wanted to grab her and protect her, with his body. He cursed himself again, for not carrying his phone. He would have called the bodyguards. He then wondered where, they were. One, should have been standing, outside Riley's door. He silently swore, as he realized that they may been compromised. He had to rely on himself now, to save Riley. He prayed that Riley wouldn't do anything stupid.

Riley remained calm on the outside, but her mind was spinning with scenarios. She had to disarm Elena, without getting herself or Lucien, into trouble. Images of Lucien getting shot, also flowed through her brain. Elena held the gun tightly to her head with one hand pulling her hair, so that Riley's head, was at an odd angle. Lucien's voice when he called her name, was at the forefront of her thoughts. He was upset and she was going to get it, when this was over. She knew that, with a certainty. Slowly, her mind calmed as she heard Lucien speak, to Elena. "Elena! What are you doing? Why, are you doing this? Can you put the gun, down please! We can go have coffee and talk about this. Elena? Look at me! Come on Elena, we can talk about this. Why are you targeting Riley?" "Oh, please, Lucien! I'm not stupid. You left me for her. If I kill her, then you will love me again. We can be together again. Riley is evil. She wants to keep us apart." Elena was suddenly reminded of her anger. She lifted the gun up, then lowered it swiftly, to hit Riley on her head. Riley had been waiting. While Lucien spoke, she remembered her father's lessons. She bent, punched Elena in the gut and delivered a heavy blow to the hand holding the gun. The gun flew from Elena's hand, as she bent over in pain. Yeah, Riley, hit very hard. At the same time, she let go of Riley's hair but not without, causing some damage. There were a few tufts of hair, in her hand. Everything happened so quickly, that Lucien barely realized what was happening. He ran to the gun and picked it up. He was terrified of holding it. He had never been so up close and personal, with a gun before. Elena was on the floor, on her knees. Riley was calling the police. She had already pressed the alarm for the resort security. Elena tried to stand up, but Riley was there to hold her down.

Riley bent closer and whispered in her ear. "Yes, my father was a good man. He taught me well and because  of his teachings, I won't shoot you now. You're a menace to society. Have fun being someone's bitch, in jail." Elena was spitting fire but before she could say anything, security arrived. They handcuffed Elena who was spewing, filthy words and threats. Ryan and Connor, who had come in just behind the security, were both holding on to Riley. So tightly that she couldn't breathe. Lucien handed the gun over to the head of security, with a sigh of relief. He walked over to the trio, with determination. "Sorry guys, but I need to hold my woman!" The guys moved aside, let him hold Riley, then held on to both of them. Lucien, smiled at this but didn't say anything. He was just relieved to be holding Riley like this.

Elena was still spitting out her hatred for Riley. Ryan couldn't handle it anymore and letting go of his loved ones, he sped over to Elena and bitch slapped her. Her face turned to the side and a tooth flew out. The tooth fell on the floor, just as the police rushed in. The bodyguards followed, along with the one, who should have been outside the door. He was rubbing his head and looked grey. Elena, was spitting fire with her eyes. She couldn't talk. Connor held Ryan's hand as it twitched. The two just stared at Elena, as she glared at them. Riley and Lucien, were talking to the police. Soon enough, Elena was taken away, spitting, and screaming out threats, forcing the police, to drag her out.

Riley stepped on something as she moved to close the office door. She bent to look and it was the tooth. She picked it up. The men cringed. Riley laughed. It was a fake tooth. Seems like Elena had been going for a vampire-clown look. The men all rushed towards her at the same time. Relief flowed through each one, as they held onto her. Things could have easily gone wrong. Riley sighed as she snuggled between the men she loved.

AN: So, what next? Will Riley and Lucien resolve their issues?