Fight, for what is yours!

In the last chapter, Lucien went back home, minus the girl. Riley rejected him. Will Lucien fight to be with her or will she change her mind and run after him?

Stacy watched her son. "She hasn't seen him for a week after the wedding. Usually, he stopped by every day. Today, he greeted her, sat down, and stared into space, deep in his thoughts. She wasn't oblivious. She had watched her son and Riley, this past week. She saw how they looked at each other. The love was still there. Those two idiots have always been stubborn. She didn't know what happened between them but she was certainly going to find out. The two of them belonged together. They had belonged ever since they met. Riley had changed her little boy in many ways and she wasn't going to allow him to go back to the way he was, before he met Riley. She had to do something. Maybe she should involve Grace."

Stacey waited until Grace arrived. Her honeymoon was over and they were having a quiet, family dinner to welcome the newlyweds back. The moment came, just before dinner. She tells Grace everything that she observed. Grace doesn't let her finish. She forcefully denies that Lucien and Riley belonged together. "Mom please! Elena is the one for Lucien. He is my brother and I love him. I love Riley too like a sister but she is not good for Lucien. He needs someone who is soft and gentle. Riley is not soft or gentle. Mom, please leave it alone. It is all sorted out. I took care of it. Lucien will be okay. I am here for him, when he wants to talk." Stacy was silent but her mind was in turmoil. "She wondered what Grace had done. What did Grace mean by, she had taken care of it. She hoped that whatever Grace had done, wasn't the reason why Lucien was looking so miserable. She would talk to Lucien when Grace left. She had kept her silence the first time. She couldn't do it again. She needed to make sure that her son was fine. She was going to ignore what Grace said for now."

Dinner was good as usual. Everyone spoke a lot, except for Lucien and Stacy. They were both deep in their thoughts. The others didn't really notice. Once dinner was over, Lucien offered to help his mom, wash the dishes. To his surprise, she didn't refuse this time. She usually refused and he just helped her anyway. He washed. Stacy dried. Lucien hated, drying and putting away dishes. "Lucien?" "Mom?" "Are you okay my son? You know I'm here, if you want to talk. About anything. Right?" He stopped washing and looked at her. "Is it okay, if I stay in my old room tonight? I'd like to talk to you, if you have time. It's a long story." Stacy was so happy that she could have danced around with the dishcloth in her hand. Acting like an adult but most of all, like a mother, she said she would love to chat. "Ofcourse I have time my son. We haven't spent much time together recently. You want hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream? I know, I would love one." Mother and son, smiled at each other in glee. Hot chocolate, was their weakness and it was special for them, only. Stacy and Lucien were the only ones in the house with a sweet tooth. Father and daughter preferred savory treats. The two quickly finished up in the kitchen.

Lucien showered and got ready for bed. He sat on one of the armchairs in his balcony, and waited for his mom. He contemplated his reflection in the glass of the sliding door and wasn't happy with what he saw. He saw a man, who had suffered due to his own stupidity. That man had destroyed his own life, because he had been so quick to believe, when he should have known better. As always, his mind went to Riley. "He wondered what she was doing. His body stirred as he thought about them making love. He had been doing that frequently. Getting turned on by the memory of them together. He forced himself to think of something else. He was waiting for his mother, after all. He thought about Elena and like clockwork, his body turned cold. He was busy investigating and so far, he had nothing. He knew he had to dig deeper. He promised himself that he would get to the bottom of those photos. He had already sent them in, to be authenticated. He lost track of his thoughts when his mom arrived. She placed both mugs on the small table between them and settled herself on the other armchair. She smiled at him and for a moment, he was lost for words. She smiled at him again and patiently waited. Just like in his childhood, he couldn't resist, that warm and loving smile. He found himself smiling back at her. She leaned forward to get her mug and handed him, his. He took a sip and sighed at how good it was. He sat back and relaxed.

As he sipped, the story came out. Every little thing except for, their intimate moment. He told his mom how Riley rejected him. He told her about what happened in the past. His suspicions about Elena, also came out. His investigation into those photos, he also mentioned. He spoke about his feelings too. As if a dam had burst, Lucien's words spilled out. His emotions. His feelings. His suspicions. All came out. He felt at peace after letting it all out. His mother's calming presence was perhaps, just what he needed. He felt at ease.

Stacy was silent while he spoke. When he was done, she looked at him for a moment, then she spoke. "Lucien love, I can't tell you what to do, however, as someone who cares about you, I can only guide you. Riley loves you. I've seen the way she looks at you. There's pain and some bitterness, I agree, however, there's no denying the love. The way she looks at you now, is the same way, she looked at you, the first time, you brought her home. I've observed the two of you, since we arrived at the resort. You look at her, the same way, you always did. You look at Elena as if she is someone, you tolerate. Lucien son, that's not love. That's something, you need to think about. I will be honest with you. I don't like Elena. I never have. There's something about her, that rubs me the wrong way. I'm sorry but I have to be honest. Elena is not the girl for you. I think, your suspicion about her may be true. For now, don't say anything to her and don't let her know about your feelings for Riley. I don't trust that young lady and I honestly don't know what you saw in her. She is not a good person. I can see it on her face. It shows in her eyes. I swear she looks like a ferret some times, with those shifty eyes. Always looking for something. Do you understand me Lucien?" "Yes Mom! I agree with you about Elena. I can see it now that you, mention it." "Good! Now tell me why you listened to your sister! What she did, wasn't nice at all. It came from a good place but, it wasn't nice. You are an adult and you know how to make your own decisions. Don't worry about Grace. I will deal with her. Now go to sleep love. I will think about how I can help you get back with Riley. One more thing Lucien. You have to fight for what is yours. You can't give up and mope around the house. You have to fight!"

Lucien felt at peace, as he drifted off to sleep. Mothers always knew best. He drifted off, with memories of Riley smiling at him. Riley hugging him and Riley making love with him.

What will happen next. Will Stacy manage to get them back together? Will Elena give up and die or, go away quietly? Let's see!