17:: 𝑯𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆

𝐻𝑒𝑟 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒

When you reached the hospital Eunji told you that the doctor wanted to meet you and talk about your mother's condition. 

Jimin noticed how tense you were before entering the doctor's room, so he intertwined his fingers with yours and squeezed your palms a little in an assuring way, before walking with you to the doctor's room. 

"Oh, hello Y/n, and Mr Park," he said, giving you a small smile. He has been treating your mom since she had a panic attack for the first time when you were 5. So he has seen you quite frequently and knows how much your mother meant to you. 

"Good afternoon uncle Moon," you bowed down and took a seat followed by Jimin. "How are you, my child?" "I was feeling great until a few hours ago," you said the truth. His lip formed a thin line. 

Jimin could feel your sweaty palms on his, "how is she, Doctor?" Jimin asked, "she is better…" he said, making you let out a sigh of relief, "...for now," he added, looking at you hesitatingly. 

Your breath hitched when you heard that, "what do you mean, Uncle?" You again tensed, "her heart is getting weaker day by day, and I think you should… get ready to say… your goodbye to her dear," he said, making you gasp. 

"You are joking right?" You asked, your voice was laced with a tiny bit of hope, but the silence of the doctor broke that hope too. 

"You can't say like that, she won't leave me, I know that I will give you how much money you want, I will bring doctors from other countries if doctors here aren't sufficient, but please save her, I can't imagine a life without her, please do something uncle, you know how much she means to me, please," you begged him, this is the most vulnerable state that Jimin has ever seen you in. 

"Y/n, you know that's not possible, maybe in 1 or 2 months, she will be with you, live those moments with her happily," he patted your shoulder. 

You got up from your seat and walked out, this was something that would break you even in your imagination, but your worst nightmare is coming true and you don't know what to do. All you wanted to do now was scream and cry out your pain, but everyone was here and you didn't want to seem weak in front of them. And your only place now was your home. 

Jimin tried to follow you, he ran out of the room after you, but Eunji stopped him, "let her, she needs time for herself," she said, "but she needs someone to comfort her, I can't leave her alone at this state," Jimin's voice cracked at the end. 

He has grown closer to your mother and he has started to consider her as his own mother. And seeing you, someone who had always been strong in this state too was a heartbreaking sight. 

"Let her cry for sometime Jimin, she won't let it all out when someone is with her," she patted his shoulder, she, herself, was feeling miserable, but falling apart in front of you all would only make you even sadder. 

She hugged Jimin, she knew he was wanting one now, Jimin hugged her back and silently cried, even though they would be bickering here and there, they became friends within this time. 

"Come, let's go there, she might wake up any moment now," Eunji said, "but y/n," "she doesn't like to cry in front of others Jimin, there is a lot you don't know about her," she said and led Jimin to sit in front of the ward that your mom was in. 

"She thinks that crying makes people weak and if she cries in front of others, they would think that she is weak," Eunji explained, "I know she is childish, but this is just how she is," Eunji added. 

"Then why don't at least you go to her?" Jimin asked, "she doesn't even cry in front of her mother," Jimin was shocked after hearing this. 

"She doesn't share her problems with anyone, not even her mom or me," Eunji said, but Jimin remembered the time when you were at the party and how you shared everything with Jimin.