Chapter 2

I awake to the sound of rain lightly falling on the forest floor. The air has a thickness to it from all the rain through the night. I am slightly annoyed to find I am soaked from the rain. I crawl out from under the tree after putting my blanket in my backpack.

"Are you ready to run Willow?" I already knew Willow's answer. Before she could even reply, I was already stripping out of my clothes to put in my bag.

"Yes! I thought you would never ask," Willow replied while I was putting my clothes away.

I only shake my head and laugh at Willow as I let her take control of us. I love the feeling of being in my wolf form. It makes me feel powerful. I feel like I have someone to help me while being out on my own.

Willow takes off through the thick trees. Ducking and dodging any low-hanging branches, Willow soars through the trees. I let my mind wander and let Willow have more control of us. I know she will protect us. She has since my first shift...

**********

I must have passed out from the pain I was feeling. I was now waking up feeling very tired, but at least the pain was gone now. Something felt different about me though. It was like I didn't have control of myself.

"This little one has some fight to it I will give it that," one of the guards called out to me from outside my cell. I didn't understand what he meant. I tried to speak out but the only noise that came from my mouth was barking. I shifted!

I was so dazed I hadn't even realized that I shifted. I tried to get a look at myself when I heard the guards start to open my door. I started to growl without even being aware that I was.

"Don't worry I will protect us from them," someone called out to me in my head. I was very confused as I wasn't sure who this was.

"Who are you?" I called back. "And where are you?" I noticed the guards come toward me with a huge needle. I quickly scurried to the back corner of my cell trying to get away from them.

"My name is Willow, and I am your wolf. And I guess I am in your head. It's nice to meet you finally! I have a few questions for you. Where are we? How did we get here? What do they want?" she was asking me all this but before I could answer her the guards had injected me with the needle, and I was falling into a deep sleep.

"Nighty night little one," I vaguely heard the guards say while I drifted into slumber.

**********

I come from my thoughts when I noticed Willow had stopped to drink from a stream. I took the chance to get a look at us. We have grown a lot since our first shift. Willow and I shared the same forest green eye color. Her fur was a beautiful silvery gray with hints of darker gray almost black along the top of her spine. She had patches of white on her front paws that looked like socks. There was also a white patch on the front of her chest. Overall she was a beautiful wolf.

"Well I'm glad you think I'm so beautiful," Willow called out to me. I hadn't realized I was thinking out loud, so to speak.

"Yeah, yeah you are very beautiful. Now, how far have you taken us?" I questioned her not sure myself.

"I am not sure a couple of miles for sure. I haven't really kept track. I also haven't noticed anyone around us either, so maybe we are still on neutral territory," Willow replied.

I figured now would be a good time to shift back, so I could get a look around and figure out where we are. Willow sense this and decides to hide behind a big tree in case anyone found us. We shifted back, and I quickly got dressed. I didn't like the idea of someone could possibly see me naked out in the woods.

Once dressed, I start to head more east not knowing where I was. I must have walked for at least 2 hours before I decided I needed to get higher up to see where I was going. I find a nearby tree that looks easy enough to climb. Once I get to the top, I still can't see much. I start to hop from tree to tree.

I hopped to a couple more trees until it started to get dark. I figured while I was in the trees it would be a good place to sleep. Not knowing where we were, I wouldn't have to worry about anyone finding us up here. I stop at a tree that has a big enough branch for me to sit and not be seen on.

I get some rope from my bag and tie it around myself so I don't fall out the tree in my sleep. I have unfortunately learned from experience. I drifted off into sleep ready to start the day tomorrow.

**********

I am woken up by the sounds of people talking near by. I stay as still as I could while trying to listen to see if I could make out what they were saying.

"I know I smelled something over here," I hear the voice of a guy call a few feet away.

I see 4 big looking guys come into view and realize that I am possibly on another packs land which was not good for me.

"Landon what are you talking about? There is no one around," one of the guys says to who I now know is Landon.

"I am telling you I can smell something or rather someone near by. Just look around and see. We don't want Sam on our asses do we?"

I watch as the guys spilt up and start to look around. I quickly untie myself from the tree and start to trail this Landon guy from the tree tops. It seems as though he found me, but not entirely. It is fun to mess with boarder guards as they usually are easy to slip by with my small stature.

Landon stops in his tracks, and I quickly duck behind the tree I am on. I take a peak around to see that Landon's eyes are glazed over meaning he was talking to someone through mind link. Soon the other 3 guys come into view.

"Did you find something yet?" one of the guards ask Landon. I could tell they were annoyed because they thought he was crazy. Little did they know I was right above them.

"Look I could tracks on the ground. I told you someone was out here," Landon was good at tracking I'll give him that. I try not to leave tracks around, but that could be hard at times.

"I'll call Sam over, so he can have a look. He will definitely want to help out if it's a rogue we are after," one of the guards replies as his eyes glaze over to call who I presume was Sam.

"Sam is on his way. He said to stay put until he gets here," the guy quickly replied

"Willow are you ready to have some fun with these guys," I ask as I watch the guys below.

"Definitely! This should be interesting," she called back with glee in her voice.

She loved to run from the guards as much as I did. No one was every been able to catch us, and we don't plan to be caught anytime soon.

**********

Don't forget to like, comment and share. Let me know what you think so far. Does anything feel rushed or missed. Are you excited to see what comes next?

*Edited*