Chapter 20

It has been a few days since our date. Marcus hasn't let me go far from the house. He is nervous something will happen. I was working with some of the ladies in the house to get it ready for my Luna ceremony which was in 2 days.

I had talked with Marcus and agreed that I need to have the ceremony by the end of the week.

Even though I wasn't officially Luna yet, everyone in the pack saw me as such. I took great pride in the fact. I wasn't the same scared girl that first showed up here.

While I was busy helping get everything ready, Marcus was helping with training more. We aren't sure how the wolf had gotten on the land. The stranger refuses to talk, so Marcus hasn't gotten much out of him.

"I think these flowers will look great," I say to one of the ladies helping. Clover and Polly were helping a lot as well. They knew more about the Luna ceremony than I did.

I was making my way outside where the girls were when Clover let out a cry. I rushed over to her and grabbed her arm to steady her. "Are you alright?" I asked while she grabbed her belly.

It took her a few minutes to answer back. She was breathing heavily, "I think the baby is coming."

I was shocked at what she said. I wasn't sure what to do. "Maddy grab that side, and I'll get this side and we will take her to the infirmary." Polly seemed to know what to do. I supported her right side while Polly had her left. We slowly made our way over to the infirmary. We had to keep stopping because of the contractions Clover was having.

After about 30 minutes of walking and stopping, we finally got her to the infirmary. A nurse came rushing over to us, "What is going on Luna?"

"We believe Clover here is in labor," I said while another nurse came over with a wheelchair. Clover sat down and breathed deeply trying to calm herself down.

"I need someone to get Bryan here!" Clover gasped as the pain was becoming stronger.

Polly quickly ran back to the house to find Bryan. I walked with the nurses as they took Clover back.

"I think my water just broke," Clover looked down and saw that her pants were wet. We moved faster bursting into a room. The nurses helped Clover change into the hospital gown and onto the bed. They hooked her up to the monitors and checked to see how far she was dilated.

"It seems you are 8 centimeters, Clover. You are doing great, and it seems the baby is alright as well." The nurse said before leaving the room and going to find Dr. Lacy.

I went and helped her sit up better in the bed. I also helped Clover get her hair up and out of her face. She was already sweating, and I knew it would only get worse. "Where is Bryan? I don't want him to miss the birth of our child," Clover cried as we waited for Bryan.

I heard a commotion outside, "I am going to go check on that. I will be right back I promise." Clover nodded while I headed out of the room.

"What do you mean you don't know what room it is? It is the Alpha's sister and my mate! I want back there now," Bryan was standing at the desk when I came around the corner. It seemed he was arguing with the nurse.

"I understand, but she just got here and isn't in the system yet," the nurse tried to reason with Bryan. 

"Bryan it's alright come with me." I smile and the nurse looked over grateful that I got him out of her face. He ran over to me and started to ask a bunch of questions.

"How is she? Where is she? She hasn't had the baby yet has she?" I just pulled him along behind me. We knocked and then walked into Clover's room. Dr. Lacy was there talking with Clover.