Chapter 28

We have been working hard to get our supplies in order for the incoming girls when we rescue them. I have been keeping myself busy trying not to think about the fact I am going back to the place I tried so hard to get away from. I know Marcus has noticed that I have become more quiet than normal.

We were in the last meeting before we left this afternoon. The buses to get the girls will be here tomorrow. We will all carry a bag and store them in the woods for the girls after. I know they will be scared, but I am hoping they will feel like they can trust us.

"Does anyone have anything to add?" Marcus asked the room. I stood up and made my way to the front of the room. I haven't said anything in the meetings we have had thus far. "I just want to add that these girls will scared. It might be hard for them to trust any guy, so don't feel bad if they don't warm up to you right away. I also want to add if any unmated males happen to find out that one of these girls are their mates to be patient and don't run to her. She will be frightened and not understand."

I made my way back to my seat. Everyone in the room seemed to understand what I was saying. "I will make sure that all the members coming with us understand that." Marcus concluded the meeting, and we all made our way to the dining hall for lunch. I ate quietly while the other chatted among themselves.

"Hey are you alright?" Marcus asked while eating his food. He knew I didn't want to talk that much today. "I just have a lot on my mind about going back to that awful place. I am still going, so don't try to talk me out of it." I knew that he would, but I wasn't going to let him.

He nodded before going back to his conversation with Everett. I thought about all the girls I would see, and who I promised I would come back and save them. I was nervous to see the girls I feel like I abandoned 3 years ago. It was going to be hard to see them because they had been there for far longer than I had been.

We were planning to leave around 1:00 which gave everyone plenty of time to eat and get ready. I made my way to our room to get my change of clothes ready. Marcus came in after me and sat on the bed watching me. "I am not going to try and talk you out of going. I just want to make sure that you will be alright with what you might find or who you might see."

I walked over and sat beside him. "I am just worried the girls I left behind will be mad at me because I was gone for so long. It has been 3 years since I got out. They might hate me." I voiced my worries to Marcus. He sat and thought about it for a moment. "I don't think they will hate you. They will be glad to be free of such an awful place. I am sure they would understand why you didn't come for so long."

I nodded listening to Marcus. I knew he was right, but I would still have my worries. I stayed in his lap while running his hand along my back. I got up after a few minutes and finished getting our clothes together for when we left. I packed everything in a bag and took it downstairs. It was almost time for us to leave.

There was already a group of wolves gathered around. I wanted to talk with the females about what we needed to do for the women when we found them. Marcus was going to go over what I had voiced at the meeting with the men. "If I could have all the women who are going meet me over by the training fields, please." I called out to the group. They all made their way over while I stood waiting for anyone who was coming from the house.

"I wanted to go over what to except from some of the girls we will find tomorrow. They will be scared of all of us but mostly the men. They will be looking for protection with us. We might be new to them, but we aren't a threat to them. We have to make sure we are slow and get them to trust us. If you happen to come across someone who is being more difficult than others, then call me over and I will offer my help. Does anyone have any questions?" I waited to see if anyone spoke up.

They all seemed to understand the seriousness of the situation. "I am not sure how many girls are there now since I have left. There should be enough of us to be able to be in charge of 1-2 girls. If the number is more than we realized, then we will make adjustments where we need to."

Everyone came together and we got ready to go. Everyone shifted and grabbed their bags. We planned to get to run until we got to the spot we were going to stay at until we attacked. We only planned to stop once while running. Everyone just wanted to get it done with.

We took off through the thicket. The trees here were unfamiliar to me, so I took extra caution while running through them. No one spoke as we ran. You could feel the tension through the pack as we ran. No one knew what to except when we got to the place.

We ran for a couple of hours before we stopped. "We will stop for 10 minutes and then keep moving." Marcus called to everyone before going to get a drink of water and watching over everyone. He gave me my space which I appreciated.

We were back to running shortly after our break. We stayed focused on the mission at hand. I was ready to face my past. The entire run I thought about what I would do going back. I will help take down all the guys who hurt me and the other girls. They don't deserve to live after everything they have done to us.

I knew facing the men would be hard, but I could do it. I wasn't sure what would happen when I saw E. He terrified me to no end. I didn't want to think about that right now though. I continued to push myself to run further with the pack. They were looking to Marcus and me for strength and guidance.

We arrived at the spot we would be staying out for the night. It was about a 1 mile away from the building. We planned to send scouts the last mile to get a better idea of what we might be facing. We also planned to have different wolves on guard all night. We didn't want any surprises happening.

"Everyone get comfortable for the night. They first team will guard for the first hour and rotate through the groups until the sun comes up. We will wake with the sun and move in when the sun is higher in the sky." Marcus came and sat beside me.

We stayed silent for a while before we nudged my side, "We should get some sleep. We will need it for tomorrow. No matter what happens tomorrow stay close to me." I nodded and laid my head on my paws. Marcus began licking my head to show his affection.

As I drifted to sleep, I could only think of what tomorrow would bring. 

I was woken from my sleep by Marcus giving me a gentle shake. "Morning, love. Sorry to wake you, but it is time to get up and get ready." I stood and shook out my fur. I stretched my legs and trotted around for a bit to wake myself up. 

Marcus was waiting for everyone to wake up before getting everyone's attention. I went and stood behind him to the side. Everett was to his right while I was to his left. Brian was standing beside Everett. 

"We have a mission to do today. We will help take down this E who threatens our Luna and other female. We will take down anyone who is a threat. We will take no poisoners. Make sure not to harm any of the wounded. Lets move!" Marcus called out to all of us. 

We all took off after he ran ahead. Everyone knew where they were to go. They were going to wait for Marcus before attacking. We had to wait for everyone to get in position. We ran for about 30 minutes when the building came in to view just a little. The guards on duty had no idea we were there. 

"Everyone in position?" Marcus asked the groups as we got in position.

"Yes Alpha." They all answered back.

"ATTACK!"

**********

Hey everyone! I wanted to give you guys some kind of update. I know it is short. I plan to make the next chapter really long for you all. I got super busy the last couple of days, so I wrote this up really quick. I know it isn't perfect, but I hope it will do.

I wanted to thank you all for 10K reads! I am so proud of this book making it this far. I didn't think it would go anywhere. I just started writing the book for me. So, thank you to everyone who have read thus far!

What is your favorite scent?

I prefer something that smells fresh and clean. Crisp apple is one of my favorite smells.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!