Chapter 31

For the rest of the day, I laid in bed trying to feel better. I was to take the nausea medication twice a day, and the first dose started to wear off a little after lunch. Marcus was taking care of getting dinner together for our family and close friends. He told them he wanted to have dinner with just the family and close friends because he wanted to catch up with everyone.

I told Marcus to get Everett to ask Millie if she wanted to come to the dinner. We were still taking things slow with her because we didn't want her to feel pressure to do anything. Everett is so patient with her too. He is always there waiting to see if she needs him. It is really cute watching them together.

I decided to take a nap and was being woke up by Marcus. "It is time to get up sleepy head. You need to get ready for dinner."

I groaned and rolled over. I was having a nice nap before I was woken up. "You have 15 minutes to get ready." I felt the bed move and head Marcus go toward the closet. I turned over and saw him picking out clothes for me. I smiled at how sweet he was. I sat up in the bed and felt a wave of nausea come over me.

I closed my eyes and breathed through the feeling. I hated throwing up and really didn't want to before dinner. Marcus came beside me and rubbed my back. I know it hurts him to see me uncomfortable. It took a few seconds for the feeling to go away. I opened my eyes and gave Marcus a little smile.

I reached over and grabbed my medicine and the bottle of water. I quickly took the pill and hoped it would work by the time dinner came around. I looked and saw that Marcus had a simply light blue sundress for me laid out. I got up and got dressed before going to the bathroom and fixing my hair. I brushed it and braided it down. I slipped my feet into some sandals and was ready to go.

I looked over at Marcus and saw he was in some jeans and a button down that was left untucked. It seemed very casual and comfortable. I walked over to the door where he was waiting for me and grabbed his hand. We walked down the stairs hand in hand. The pack member bowed their heads slightly as we walked past them. I am not sure I will ever get used to that.

We made our way out the back door to a small tent that was set up for us. Marcus's parents were already there with Sam and Polly. I smiled and gave them all hugs.

"I hope you are feeling better sweetheart." Marissa has been just as concerned at Bryan. "I am feeling better. Dr. Lacy gave me some medicine to take. I'll explain it in a bit when Bryan gets here. I know he is wondering what was wrong with me too." I wanted to be able to tell everyone at once.

"Well, I am glad that it is nothing serious. I was so worried about you." I smiled and looked over to see Everett walking out with Millie. I beamed at them. I was excited that Millie was willing to come to dinner with us. Millie was warming up to Everett more and more every day and that was obvious by the way they were holding hands. It might not seem like much, but it is for Millie.

I went over and gave them both a small hug. I pulled away from Millie, "I am so glad you decided to come. I didn't want you to think you had to."

"I am trying to get better. I still can't go into the dining room, but I figured I could start small and work on it." I was so proud of the progress she had made so far. I know she has a long way to go, but baby steps are better than nothing.

I looked and saw how Everett was talking with Marcus, but still had his eyes on Millie. She must have realized this to cause she started to blush.

"Bryan just let me know that him and Clover will be a few more minutes. They are having to change Luka again. They said it was fine if we sat down and get started," Marcus called out to us. We made our way to the table. I sat next to Marcus and Millie.

We were chatting amongst ourselves when the food started to be brought out. Bryan and Clover made their way over as the last of the food was being brought out. "Sorry we are late. Little Luka here got sick and threw up all over himself and Bryan." Clover said once she was close to us. We all laughed as Bryan looked uncomfortable.

"It is alright. You guys are here now, and we can get started eating," Marcus said to the two. They took their seats and we started to pass the food around. I didn't get much food because I didn't want to overdo it. Marcus nudged me under the table and gave me a pointed look. I knew he wanted me to eat more, so I added an extra scoop of potatoes to my plate.

Everyone had a plate full after a few minutes. I looked over and realized mine and Millie's plates were similar in portions while everyone else had twice as much food as both of us. We made small talk for a bit until Bryan turned toward me. "So Maddy did you figure out what was wrong with you?" I know everyone was curious to hear what Dr. Lacy figured out.

I nodded my head while swallowing the bite of food I had. Marcus put his hand on top of mine that was under the table. I breathed in deep and turned slightly to face everyone. "As you all know, I have been feeling awful and throwing up for the past couple of days now. Well, we went to see Dr. Lacy to see what was wrong and it turns out I'm pregnant." I watched as everyone's faces lite up.

The girls squealed and Marissa rushed around the table to hug me. "I am so happy for you both." I pulled away and she hugged Marcus. Everyone came and gave both of us hugs. Bryan gave me a bear hug, "I get to be an uncle! I can't wait." I could tell he was so excited.

"How far along are you?" Clover asked while handing Luka over to Marissa. "I am around 3 weeks so not too far along."

We continued to eat the rest of the dinner in a happy mood. Even Millie seemed to be enjoying herself around everyone. I was glad I had such a great family and friends to share this experience with. Marcus hadn't stopped smiling since we told everyone. I knew he was excited to tell the pack. I was just glad we got to spend this special time telling those closest to us first.

After dinner, we all went our separate ways. I was already ready to go back to sleep. I hope I don't feel like this the whole pregnancy. "I am going to run you a bath to relax in alright." Marcus said while walking toward the bathroom. I nodded my head and kicked my sandals off.

I heard the faucet turn on and waited a few minutes before getting up. I walked over to the bathroom to see Marcus was running me a bubble bath. I giggled and walked over to him. "Thank you."

"You are most welcome." Marcus smiled at me before pulling me into a hug. "Now let me help you out of these clothes." After getting undress, Marcus helped me step over into the bathtub. I sunk down until just my head was out of the water. I didn't realize how much I needed this till my body relaxed in the water.

**********

Hey everyone! I guess this is me apologizing again for not posting in a while. I have just been so busy, and I honestly lost motivation to write for a while. I had no idea what I wanted to do with the book. I am definitely going to finish it and probably soon. I think I am getting back my motivation to write.

I am thankful to all of you who have stuck with this story. I know you all are excited to see what happens with Maddy and Marcus. I am excited to get this last few chapters written out. I am sad the book is coming to an end, but I plan to start another book after this one.

I don't think I will be doing a sequel to this book either. I might occasionally post bonus chapter of different things I write about Maddy and Marcus.

I also did change Everett's mates name. I realized it would get confusing with her wolf being Willow as well. I honestly didn't realize I did that till I came back to write this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!