Chapter 33

Marcus POV

I was still on the phone when I heard Maddy cry out in pain. "Bryan! What's happening?" I shouted through the phone. Everett made his way to my side quickly as he realized how serious it was. I couldn't make anything out. I stayed on the phone as I spoke to Everett, "Get someone on the phone and find out what is happening now!"

I was panicked because I wasn't there. I had to come to this meeting with other Alphas to discuss land and a bunch of bs. I wanted to stay with Maddy and the baby, but she convinced me to come and that she would be fine. "Marcus, Clover said they think Maddy is in labor." Everett came over after a few minutes. I quickly hung up the phone and made my way back into the meeting room, "Tell Clover we are on the way and that we will be there soon."

Everett nodded before going back to the phone. "I apologize for this, but I must be leaving now. My mate is in labor, and I must leave immediately." I announced to the room. All the Alpha's understood the circumstance and nodded their heads. "We will email over everything for you to look over when you are able to," Alpha Max said as I was heading toward the door. I nodded a thanks before taking off down the stairs.

Everett was already at the door waiting for me. He handed me the phone, "It's Dr. Lacy."

I took the phone quickly and started to run out the door. "Hello."

"Alpha, the Luna is doing fine right now. She still has some time before she will need to push. I would say you have about an hour and half to get here before it's go time." Dr. Lacy spoke fast but clear. I understood I need to hurry. "Thank you, Dr. Lacy. Please tell Maddy I am on my way." With that I hung up and tossed Everett his phone back.

"Let's go." I called to Everett before shifting and taking off into the woods.

I am coming Maddy. Just hold on.

***

I wasn't sure how much time had passed when I came running. I had made it to the tree line by the clinic where Bryan was waiting with clothes for Everett and I. "How is she? She hasn't had the baby yet has she?" I was so worried I missed it all.

"She is doing alright just in pain and very mad at you so be prepared for that. And no, she hasn't had the baby yet. You go here with about 20 minutes before she is supposed to be ready." Bryan said while we walked inside. Everyone bowed their heads as we walked past them.

I was breathing heavy, but I think it was from my nerves. Bryan took us down the hall before stopping outside of a room. I pushed the door open and found Clover hold Maddy's hand as laid in the bed. I rushed over and took Clover's spot. "Where have you been?! Never mind you're here now and that's what matter." Maddy grabbed my hand and squeezed it as she breathed through the pain.

"I am so sorry. I ran as fast as I could. I will make it up to you I promise." I reached forward and kiss her forehead. I looked over and Bryan and my sister. "Thank you for helping her."

"Of course! She did the same for me when I needed her. We will be waiting outside. I am sure mom and dad are worried sick as much as everyone else." Clover came and gave me and Maddy quick hugs before leaving the room.

She did have a point. You could tell the pack was bussing knowing their Luna was going to be giving birth to the heir of the pack.

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" I wasn't sure what I should be doing. I just hated seeing her in pain.

"I am alright just ready to have this baby. You know I was worried you weren't going to make it. I was willing to hold on until the very last second waiting for you. I am just glad you made it." Maddy had tears in her eyes as she spoke. It broke my heart that I caused her pain and worry.