Chapter 10

I couldn't stop smiling while looking at Marcus who seemed shocked. I don't think he expected me to answer him so fast. Slowly, a smile made its way onto Marcus's face before he picked me up and started spinning me around. "Ouch, Marcus, my ribs," I cry out in pain. Marcus quickly put me down looking worried that he hurt me.

"I am sorry Madelyn. I didn't mean to hurt you I swear. I was just so excited and caught up in the moment..." Marcus continued to ramble on until I cut him off. "It is alright. I am fine I promise," I reassure him and add a smile to my words. Marcus stopped and looked down at me with so much happiness. "You won't regret this. I promise."

Dr. Lacy said I was free to leave the hospital later that night. Marcus had to leave around lunch and handle some pack business. Clover decided to stop by and have lunch with me. I knew everyone was worried about my weight. Dr. Lacy said that I need to eat more throughout the day in order to get my weight back up but not too much that I overeat. It was a lot of food, and I wasn't sure I would be able to eat. I was used to eating once a day when I was on my own twice if I was lucky.

"So do you know if you are having a boy or girl yet," I asked Clover as I took a bite of my sandwich. She was due in about 2 months. "My mate and I are keeping it a surprise. We always liked the idea of not knowing and just being surprised," Clover said while rubbing her stomach. "Where is your mate if you don't mind me asking? I just feel like I would have met him already," I ask being curious.

She gives a sad smile while answering me, "He is away helping train another pack. They are a smaller pack and got attacked a few weeks back. He is the head warrior of the pack actually." Clover smiled while thinking of her mate. "It killed him to leave me and the baby, but he knew he needed to because it is his duty. He should be back in the next couple of days. I will introduce you to him once he is home." I smiled and nodded to her. "I can't wait to meet him."

"Do you have names picked out yet?" I ask while eating my chips. "If it is a girl then Lucy and for a boy Luka," Clover said with excitement in her voice. "I love those names." I looked away quickly not wanting her to see the sadness in my eyes. I hadn't heard her name in such a long time. Lucy was my mom's name. I miss her so much.

There are always things that remind me of my parents and brother. It makes me sad knowing I won't be able to see them again. I wish so badly I could see them just one more time just to talk to them.

Clover pulled me from my thoughts when she stood up to leave. "I will see you later me and this one are going to take a much-needed nap," she said while making her way to the door. "I will see you later Madelyn." I waved to her as she left. I was left to my thoughts

"Willow, do you think we can be happy here?" I ask as my thoughts are swirling around in my head. "I think we will be just fine here. Our mate cares for us a lot. We are already making friends. We are safe here." I nod realizing she was right. I have had to run for so long that I couldn't remember what it was like to just sit still for a while. It will be nice to know what family feels like again.

I spent the rest of the day napping and in my thoughts. Marcus was busy with Alpha work but promised to be here when I was ready to go home.

I was just coming from the bathroom from changing when he walked through the door. "Hey my love," Marcus said coming to give me a hug and a kiss on my head. I stiffened slightly but quickly relax when he hugged me. I blushed at his words but didn't comment on them. "Are you ready to go home and get some rest?" Marcus was already leading me out of the room and down the hallway. "I am, but can we get dinner first? I am a little hungry," I say just as my stomach starts to growl. Marcus laughs and leads us back to the pack house. He takes me to the kitchen where someone was already preparing some food. I guess Marcus had mind-linked them that we were coming.

I sat down at the table as they set the food down in front of me. I quickly dug into the pork dish savoring the flavor of it. "This is delicious," I say to the chef who made the food. "I am pleased that the Luna likes our cooking," they said while bowing their heads. I wasn't used to being called Luna, so I would have to get used to that.

After we ate our dinner, we made our way upstairs. I knew I was comfortable around Marcus, but I still wasn't sure if I was ready to sleep in the same bed as him. I know this hurt him, but I just hoped he understands. After we got to the room, I took a quick shower before changing into some clothes that Clover brought up for me. "You can go shopping soon to get yourself some clothes," Marcus said while coming from the bathroom. He was only in his boxers leaving the rest of him on full display.

He was very good-looking with all his muscles. His arms were very muscular along with his chest, and his abs were drool worth. I hadn't realized I was staring till Marcus cleared his throat with clear amusement on his face. "Do you see something you like?" I quickly look away while turning bright red. He chuckled while shaking his head. "It is alright for you to stare. I am all your love." Marcus said which only caused me to blush more.

I quickly got under the covers to hide my face. I didn't want him to see the effects he had on me. I peeked my head out from under the covers to see that Marcus was laying on the couch. I guess he respected my wishes of us not sleeping in the same bed together just yet, which I was thankful for.

"Goodnight Marcus," I say already falling asleep. "Goodnight my love." That was the last thing I hear before falling into a wonderful sleep.

**********

Thank you all for reading! I hope you are enjoying the book. I know this update is a little shorter than the other ones. This was just a filler chapter honestly. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

What is your favorite style of food to eat?

I love Mexican and Chinese food. I could eat that for the rest of my life if I had to.

*Edited*