Chapter 21

The next two days went by in a blur. We were getting the last-minute touches done for the Luna ceremony. Marcus and Clover's parents stayed around to help with the preparations since Clover and Bryan were occupied with the baby.

I am sitting in the living room holding baby Luka while Clover took a shower. I knew she would be fast because she hated being away from him for too long. We all have been soaking up the time with the little one. He was the cutest thing even though he was just 2 days old.

I was rocking Luka when I looked up after feeling eyes on me. Marcus was standing there looking at me with an emotion I couldn't decipher. I smiled up at him before looking back at Luka. He started to stir awake and cry. Clover walked into the room as if she knew he was about to cry.

"I just had a feeling. It is about time for him to be fed." Clover came and picked up Luka and took him away to feed him. Marcus came over and pulled me into a hug.

"I can't wait to see you with our kids one day," he whispered to me before kissing the top of my head. I smiled up at him and gave him a quick kiss. "I can't wait either," I excused myself and went to the restroom. I was struggling to keep it together.

I honestly wasn't sure I would be able to have kids after what happened to me. I knew I would need to talk to Dr. Lacy soon. Maybe after the Luna ceremony I could go and talk with her. I hurried in the bathroom and walked back out. It was now lunchtime.

The chefs fixed a light lunch for everyone because there would be a feast tonight after the ceremony. I was a nervous wreck, but I kept it together. After eating lunch, I was pulled away by Marissa and Polly. They were going to help me get ready for tonight.

We got to my room before they pushed me into the bathroom to take a shower. I took my time making sure I scrubbed everything away. Once I got out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and exited the bathroom. The girls had the vanity set with all the hair tools and makeup they needed.

"Come sit and we will get started," Marissa was excited to get started. It was customary for the previous Luna to help the new one get ready. I laughed and sat in the chair.

My hair was blow-dried first before Marissa started to curl it. Polly started on my makeup after my hair was dry. "Am I supposed to be this nervous?" I felt like I was going to be sick any minute.

"Don't worry sweetie. Most Lunas are nervous about their ceremony. I was a wreck for mine. I almost ran away before Alex's mom talked some sense into me." Marissa gave my shoulder a light squeeze before going back to my hair.

There was a knock on the door before Clover came in with Luka. "Hey, sorry I am late. I tried to get him to take a nap, but he refused."

Marissa gestured for Clover to take over doing my hair and took Luka from her. She went over to the couch and sat down with him. Clover came and started to curl the rest of my hair.

I couldn't tell what Clover was doing, but I trusted they would make me look great. Polly was really concentrating on doing my makeup. Every now and then she would stick her tongue out a little, which caused me to start laughing.

I sat there for a while until Clover and Polly were done. I wasn't going to get dressed yet because I still had a little while before everything started. I went to sit on the couch next to Marissa. She had gotten Luka to sleep and had sat him in his bouncer chair.

"So, what can I expect for tonight," I asked trying to distract myself. "I won't say, but just follow what feels right. When Marcus asks the question, all you have to do is answer yes." Marissa said smiling at me.