Chapter 4

As we walked through the woods, I was able to really look over the guys who had chased me down. They were all good-looking. Sam was very muscular and walked with a level of confidence. He had blonde hair that seemed to almost glow when the sun hit it and these bright blue eyes. He was probably around 6'1 just slightly shorter than Everett.

Everett was the opposite of Sam when it came to looks. He was also very muscular and had a great-looking body. He was taller than Sam but only by an inch or two. He had dark brown hair that was almost black in color. His eyes were a deep brown. They looked as if they were melted pools of chocolate.

"You shouldn't be staring down those men. They aren't our mate," Willow snapped at me. She knows how I feel about the subject of our mate. Most wolves find their mate by the time they are 18, and usually, if you haven't they are either dead or have moved on with someone else. I was now about to be 20 and still no signs of mine anywhere.

"You know it's not nice to stare," Sam called back to me. I hadn't realized I had been staring for so long at the men in front of me. I quickly averted my gaze from them which only caused the men to chuckle at me.

"It's alright. I know it is hard to not stare at something that looks so good," Sam continued to taunt me. Everett only cracked a little smile at the comment, but quickly dropped it before anyone could see.

"Oh please, you aren't that good-looking. I was only trying to figure out why your head was so huge," I taunted back to Sam. I didn't want him to think I found him attractive.

This caused Everett to let out a laugh as Sam looked at me in horror.

"That was a good one," Everett said to me after he finished laughing, "I like you."

"My head isn't that big. It is proportionate to my body thank you," Sam replied in a huff and turned to continue walking.

At least I knew I could make them laugh. Even as I am being taken prisoner I can't help but find laughter in the situation.

We continued to walk on more. I hadn't realized how far I had run until the sun started to go down, and it didn't seem like we were any closer.

"How much longer till we are there?" I asked to no one in particular because I didn't expect them to answer me.

"Maybe another 30 minutes till we clear the trees to the main property," Everett said while motioning for some of the guys to go ahead of us.

I thought it would be funny to mess with them because I was getting bored.

"Well I am too tired to walk any further," I announced while sitting down on the ground. This caused the guards to stop and huff. I guess they were tired too and wanted to get back to sleep.

"Come on. We all are tired and want to get back. We don't have time to deal with you," Sam called out looking annoyed. Everett on the other hand had a smirk on his face as he thought this was funny.

"No, I am not moving another foot," I crossed my arms while staring Sam down.

"I don't have time for this," this was Everett now. He walked over to me and reached down to pick me up. Before I could object, he was throwing me over his shoulder and continued walking.

"Now you don't have to walk," he said while laughing with the other guys.

I tried to act mad that he was carrying me. However, it did feel nice to not have to walk anymore. My legs felt like they were on fire from all the running I had done on top of all the walking.

**********

I must have fallen asleep because I found myself waking up in a cell. I started to panic thinking I was back with the rogues that had captured me all those years ago.

"No, we are in the cells of the pack that caught us. It's okay they aren't going to hurt us," Willow reassured me that we would be okay.

"How can you be so sure they won't? We don't really know them and they have no reason to be nice to us," I questioned her while looking around to see if we could escape.

"I just have a feeling that they won't. Now get some more rest. It is very late," she replied to me before retreating into my mind.

I found it hard to fall back asleep. I was so worried I would wake up back in that place.

**********

I was thrown into a cell that was dark and cold. It had no windows and smelled awful. I watched as more of my pack members were thrown into cells. I was so scared of what would happen to us. One person was brave enough to ask what they would do to us. That caused them to get a beating.

"Don't ask questions! You were lucky to be alive and brought here so be thankful," one of the guards called out for all of us to hear.

I wasn't sure what the future held. I just knew I lost everything; my friends, my family, and my pack.

I sat there until I cried myself to sleep hoping it was all just a nightmare...

**********

I brought myself out of the memory to find myself crying. I haven't thought about my family in a long time. I barely remember what my family looked like. I wish I could see them just one more time even for a minute. That would be enough.

I eventually fell asleep. Only to be woken up shortly after. I guess I had cried longer than I realized and it was now daylight. At least I had a window in this cell. A guard was bringing me something to eat which wasn't much.

"How much longer will I be here?" I asked the guard before he was even at my cell. I wanted to try and escape but knew it was hopeless.

"When the Alpha decides what he wants to do with you," the guard replied while setting my food down. It's nothing more than a little oatmeal and an apple with some water. I quickly started eating realizing I couldn't remember the last time I had eaten.

"Well, could you tell him to get a move on? I am bored of sitting down here," I called to the guard as he was leaving. He only laughed and continued up the stairs. I was ready to leave, and if talking to the Alpha was all I had to do that should be easy enough.

**********

Lunch had come and gone, and I was still waiting in this cell. I could tell that it was getting closer to dinner because the sun had fallen behind the trees. At this rate, I would be here for a while. I was standing in my cell pacing when I heard the door open from up above. I heard the footsteps of people coming down. Hoping it was the Alpha finally I quit pacing and just say down.

To my surprise, it was Everett along with two guards. I knew Everett wasn't the alpha so I just got up and started to pace again.

"How are you doing?" Everett questioned me as if I was in a resort or something.

"Oh, I am just fine. You know the food and service are great," I replied sarcastically, "when will the alpha be here? I am bored of sitting here."

"How do you know I am not the alpha," he asked taking a step closer to the cell.

"You radiate power, but not like an alpha does. You are maybe a beta, but definitely not the alpha," I said not even glancing his way.

"You are right there. The Alpha will be down in a few," Everett said while getting a chair, "Why don't you start by telling me how you got to be on our land."

**********

Thank you for continuing to read my story. Don't forget to like, comment and share.

What is your favorite song at the moment (you that you could play on repeat right now)? I would definitely say Afterglow by Ed Sheeran and To Die For by Sam Smith.

*Edited*