Chapter 3

It took around 20 minutes for this Sam guy to come into view. Once he made it to the group of guys you could tell he radiated power. He wasn't the alpha but maybe the beta or third in command. He was now standing with the rest of the men along with two extra guards he brought with him.

"Ryle what is going on that you had to call me out here," Sam asked one of the guards.

"Sir, we found these tracks inside the territory. There is a rogue somewhere, and we knew that you would want to be informed," Ryle replied while showing Sam the tracks.

Sam steps forward to see what the guards were looking at. He bends down to get a closer look. His eyes then glaze over as he talks in the mind link.

"The alpha said to find the rogue and bring them to the cells," he announced to the group. I find it funny and couldn't help but laugh out loud. I quickly cover my mouth realizing my mistake.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" Sam tries to use his position and power to intimidate me, but it doesn't really work. I stay hidden in the trees and decide to taunt the men a little.

"I don't think I will. I find it more fun to hide and see if you can find me."

"You'll regret not coming out willingly."

I looked down to see that they were slowly moving around the area. They never think to look in the trees. Willow just laughs at this seeing as they are looking behind all the trees around.

"The thing is even if I showed myself, it wouldn't do you any good. You wouldn't be able to catch me."

I decide to move to another tree all while staying hidden to mess with them even more.

"I don't even think you could catch a squirrel if it was right in front of you," I call out from my new spot causing all the guys to turn and look in the direction I called from.

"Oh, I will show you. And when I do catch you, you will wish you came with us willingly," Sam called out to me frustrated. I found this funny and laughed as I jumped to a new tree.

"How about we play a little game? It is one of my favorites," I taunt the guards who are all looking in the opposite direction I was in.

"And what game would that be rogue?" Sam called out annoyed now realizing I was toying with him.

"You ready Willow?" I asked while getting ready to jump down from the treetops and begin the game

"I was born ready," she replied with excitement. "Here we go then."

"That game would be the game of chase. Come and get me, boys," I call out to the group as I jump down. I turn and run before they could understand what was happening. I could hear the frustration in their voices as they called out after me.

"Don't let her get away!"

"After her, you idiots!"

I throw my head back laughing as they try to catch up with me. I already had a head start and would lose them in no time.

I fly through the trees all while evading the guards. It was the thrill of the chase that excited me. It was to see how close they could get before I pushed ahead and would eventually lose them. I had a feeling, however, that this game of chase would be a little different.

**********

It has been an hour now of running from these guards. Usually, they give up after about 30 minutes because they couldn't keep up. This pack was different. They have been able to keep up and stay with me this whole time. I was growing tired, but I knew one thing. I couldn't let them catch me.