Chapter 24

In this chapter, Maddy does speak about briefly about what happens. She doesn't go into much detail but still wanted to give a warning.

**********

I woke up to the sun shining into the room. I blushed as the memories of last night came flooding back to me. I turned over and saw Marcus looking at me. "What are you looking at?" I asked while stretching my body. "You."

I giggled at his words while sitting up and turning to him. "Well, I would love to lay in bed with you all day, but I am starving." I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss before jumping up out of bed. I went to the bathroom and did my business before brushing my teeth and throwing my hair up.

I walked out of the room and into the closet. I changed into some jeans and a loose-fitting shirt. I slipped on some sandals before coming out of the closet. "Come on slow poke," I went and pulled Marcus from the bed. I waited for him to get ready.

In a few minutes, he was ready, and we made our way down to breakfast. Once we got our food, we took our seats at the table. "Well, congratulations you two." Everett was smirking at us over his glass. Marcus laughed while I blushed.

We continued to eat breakfast while making small talk.

"Baby, there is actually something we have to handle when we are through," Marcus looked over to me. I nodded going back to my food. I knew it had something to do with the last night at the Luna ceremony.

We finished breakfast and headed to the office with Everett, Sam, and Bryan.  Whatever happened must have been serious. Once in the office, we all took a seat. Marcus reached over and got what looked to me like another note out of his drawer.

I eyed it carefully, nervous about what it said. I already knew who it was from. The person I have been running from. "There was another note yesterday. It was addressed to you again Maddy." Everett said handing the note over to me. I looked at the front seeing Little Runner on the front.

I opened it with shaky hands. Everyone in the room was waiting for me to read the note. I took in a breath before opening the letter and reading it.

Hello Madelyn,

You know I must say I am growing rather tired of having to wait for you. I miss having you around. After all, you did run when you were supposed to come see me. You look like you have grown rather comfortable being there. I have been watching you since the last letter you got. You looked absolutely stunning at your Luna Ceremony. I didn't know you could look so beautiful. You looked like you were having fun running around with all those kids tonight.

I will be in touch soon. I won't give you a choice but to come with me. I will take you away from everything that has given you happiness. By the way, that new nephew of yours is adorable. I would watch out for him. You wouldn't want anything to happen to him now, would you?

Until we meet again.

E

My hands were shaking, and I was crying by the end of the letter. I hadn't noticed Marcus was sitting next to me and holding me till Everett took the letter from me. "May I read it aloud?" I nodded my head too afraid to speak.

Once Everett finished reading the letter, Bryan was furious. He had threatened Luka. I was so scared of what might happen. Marcus was trying his best to not lose his temper. He was trying to comfort me while I cried.

The guys were all talking, but I wasn't paying attention. I was too consumed with my thoughts to listen.

I stayed sitting on the couch thinking about the letter and everything that has led up to this point. Marcus and the guys were trying to come up with a plan to figure out how they were able to watch us and not be caught. I knew I needed to tell them more about who he was.