Chapter 17

I woke up to the feeling of someone holding me. I opened my eyes about to panic when I saw it was Marcus. I calmed down and snuggled closer to him. I haven't slept that well since I was younger. I didn't have another nightmare and actually feel rested.

I looked up and admired the different features of Marcus's face. He looked so peaceful while sleeping like he didn't have a care in the world. He had a slight curve in his nose from where it seemed to have been broken and not set back correctly.

I brought my hand up and started to lightly trace my finger over his face. I went over his forehead down the side of his face and along his jawline. I still can't believe he was mine. I know he deserved better, and I knew I was going to try harder to connect with him more. I hope after today we will be able to move forward better with our relationship.

Marcus started to stir awake and slowly opened his eyes. He waited for his eyes to adjust to the light before he looked over at me. He smiled at me after realizing I was snuggling into him.

"Good morning, my love," Marcus said while pulling me closer. His voice sounded great first thing in the morning.

"Good morning," I said enjoying the comfort from him. He was really warm, and I didn't mind.

"I won't lie. I thought I dreamed of sleeping next to you last night till I woke up just then." Marcus pulled himself to sit up against the headboard and brought me with him. I giggled as he put me on his lap before pulling the blanket back up on us. "It is something I could get used to. Of course, only if you want that."

I knew I liked sleeping next to him. He kept me warm and the nightmares away. "I would like that," I admitted looking at Marcus. The smile that came to his face took my breath away. I could tell he was so excited me telling him that.

"Really! You mean it!" Marcus pulled me to him in a hug and squeezed me. I laughed at his ways and pulled away. He had a light smile on his face like he just won the best prize.

"I know it means a lot to you. I promise I will try more with us. I know I probably wasn't what you were excepting in a mate- "Marcus cut me off by kissing me. I still wasn't used to him kissing me, but I didn't pull away.

He kissed me with as much passion and love as he could convey in the kiss. He pulled away and rested his head against mine. "Don't ever think you aren't good enough. You are absolutely perfect for me, and I wouldn't change a thing about you. I loved you from the moment I looked at you. I know you might not feel the same way about me right now, and I am okay with that. I am going at your pace. I will never make you do anything you don't want to. I will never pressure you to think you need to change either. You mean the world to me. I couldn't have asked for a better mate."

I was crying by the end of Marcus's little speech. I knew I loved him, but I was too scared to tell him. I gave him a little kiss and then wiped my tears away. "Thank you."

He pulled me into a hug, and we cuddled in bed a little longer before realizing we had woken up around 10:30 and would need to get ready for lunch and my fight soon.

"I know you are going to do great today. Just make sure to pay attention and don't lose focus." Marcus said after we both were dressed and headed down the stairs. I nodded my head before entering the dining room.

Everyone bowed their heads slightly as we walked by and continued to eat their food. I wasn't too hungry and knew I didn't need to eat too much before my fight. I was already dressed in leggings, a sports bra, and a loose tank top. I could tell there was tension in the air for what was to come right after lunch. I knew there was talk around the pack, but I didn't let that bother me.