Chapter 32

It has been a couple months since we announced to our family and the pack that we were excepting. Everyone was over the moon for us. The pack was excited to know that they had an heir on the way. We decided to keep the gender a surprise. I would be happy with either a boy or girl, but I know Marcus wants a boy a little more than a girl at the moment.

I am currently sitting on the porch just enjoying the amazing spring weather. I rubbed my belly as I felt the baby moving around. I was huge at this point and was ready to go any day now. Most of the time Marcus is right beside me, but today he had meeting to attend in the pack over.

I had to fight him to get him to go. It took a lot of reassuring him that I would be fine.

"Who would have thought our life would have ended up here?" Willow stayed quite for a long time after everything that happened with E. I knew she was always there, but I could tell she wanted her space to process everything in her own way. After we found out we were pregnant, she started to perk up again.

I was glad because I missed talking with her. "I definitely wouldn't have thought this would be our life. I figured we would just run around the woods forever," Willow called back. I realized she was right. Neither one of us thought we would have a mate let alone a whole pack to love us.

"I would kill to go for a run right now." Willow said in a sad voice. She hadn't been let out since the fighting which is a long time to keep your wolf in.

"Well once we have the baby and Dr. Lacy clears us, we can go for a run for however long you want," I smiled thinking back to running. I missed it and the feeling of being free. Willow seemed happy with my response and laid down.

I watched as different pack members ran around the yard with their children. I smiled warmly thinking about how that will be me and Marcus soon. I was excited to be a mom, but also extremely nervous. I was scared to mess up.

Marcus reassured me that we would be fine. We have the help of his family and the pack to get us through whatever we might face.

My stomach interrupted my thoughts with the sounds of hunger. "You must be hungry," I said down to my stomach. I managed to get up out of the chair with a huff before waddling into the kitchen. I haven't had to many weird cravings. I have eaten a lot of peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches. It tastes like a Reese's and is absolutely divine.

I quickly made my sandwich before taking it to the couch to watch tv. Clover was already in there with Luka. "Hey you two." I said while sitting down the best I could. Luka was getting bigger and bigger as the weeks went on. He was already crawling and getting into everything.

He smiled up at me before going back to his blocks. "Hey you two." Clover said over to me. I laughed while getting comfortable. It was getting harder and harder to do that.

Once I was settled, I started on my sandwich. "How are you feeling?" Clover was so much help through the whole pregnancy. I don't know what I would have done without her. "I am alright. Just ready to get this baby out of me already." Clover laughed at what I was saying. She understood what I meant.

I was at the point I was just huge and couldn't do stuff without help. "I remember what that felt like. Bryan had to help me with pretty much everything toward the end." We continued to chat while watching Luka play on the floor.

***

It has been a couple of hours now, and Marcus was still not back. I was getting ready for bed when I decided to call him. He didn't answer on the first call. I waited a few minutes and called again. I did that 3 more times before I started to panic.