Chapter 7

As the door swung open, I ran and hide behind the side of the bed. I wasn't sure what was happening, but I knew I could be in trouble. I didn't realize that Marcus had jumped up and was standing near me protectively. I could tell he was angry because he was shaking trying to control himself.

"Where is she? I want to meet her," I heard the voice of someone from the doorway. Marcus was telling them something, but I wasn't paying attention to them. I started to panic realizing I didn't have a way out. Whoever this was, was after me and I didn't plan to let them take me. I quickly started breathing heavy not knowing what to do. I think I started to hyperventilate because the next thing I know I was passing out, but not before I felt sparks on my arms.

Marcus POV

I was trying to control myself after my sister burst through the door. I had told everyone to not disturb us because I knew Madelyn couldn't handle meeting new people right now. I barely know her and already know that I care about her a lot. I'm not sure what happened to her in her past, but I knew I would find out.

"Clover I told you, along with everyone else, not to disturb us. She didn't want to meet anyone right now," I explained to my sister after I calmed down. I was still mad at her for thinking she can do what she wants. " I just wanted to meet her. I know you wanted to be alone with her, but that's not fair," my sister pouted while stomping her foot. I just laughed at her because she looked like a child.

"Well, that's..." before I could finish what I was saying I heard very heavy breathing coming from beside the bed. I was so caught up with my sister that I forgot to check on Madelyn. As I walked over to her, I realized she was fainting. I caught her just as she was about to hit the ground. I quickly picked her up and set her on the bed.

"Oh my goddess," I heard Clover gasp from behind me. She was probably shocked by how small my mate was. It definitely worried me as well, but I didn't want to push the issue with her yet. I knew I would take her to the pack doctor as soon as she was comfortable with me.

"Marcus, she is so small. I'm surprised she even has any strength." Clover said while helping me put the blanket over Madelyn. I knew she would sleep for a while because she seemed exhausted from all her running. I laughed at myself realizing that my mate was the infamous rogue runner all the packs have been talking about.

I knew she had made a reputation for herself. I always thought it was funny that no one seemed to be able to catch one rogue, but from what my men were saying she is one hell of a runner.

"I am going to let her sleep. I have so much work to take care of. If you could, would you check on her in a little bit before I come to bed," I asked Clover as we were leaving the room. I had to talk to Everett to see what she was telling him in the cells. It angered me to know she was more comfortable with him than me, but I know he would never try anything.

I quickly made my way to my office and called for Everett to come down. "Hey, could you come to my office I need to ask you about something." I mind-linked Everett as I sat in my chair. "Yeah, man. I'll be there in a few minutes." Everett was in my office a few minutes later while I finished filling out paperwork.

"What's up, man?" Everett asked while taking a sit. Everett was my Beta and one of my best friends. We have been since we were born. My dad was the Alpha while his dad was the Beta. It worked out pretty well for us.

"I wanted to know what Madelyn was telling you while she was in the cells. I know she was telling you something, and I want to know," I told him while sitting back in my chair. I could tell Everett was slightly shocked and wasn't sure if he should tell me. I didn't use my Alpha voice, but I would if I had to.

"I'm not sure it should be me telling you Madelyn's past. Don't you think you should wait until she is ready to tell you," Everett said calmly trying not to upset me. It didn't help. I was hurt that she did indeed tell him something, and he wouldn't tell me. I knew he had a point and that I should wait for her to tell me. I just feel like I need to know something.

I dragged my hand over my face in annoyance. "Well can you tell me anything? It doesn't even have to be anything specific, but I feel like I need to know something. I am scared to even move around her the wrong way. Clover busted into our room earlier, and Madelyn was terrified. She even fainted because she worked herself up." I was telling this to Everett in hopes he would tell me something.

His face seemed to show concern before quickly going back to normal. He felt bad for her because she was his Luna. The whole pack was excited to find out that they finally had a Luna. Once I told them they would have to wait to meet her, I could feel the sadness from everyone.

Everett sighed as he thought about what to say, "I will tell you what she told me. I still stand by the fact that it is not my place to tell you what happened. I, myself, do not even know everything. I could also tell she was hiding something while she was talking to me, but I didn't push it." Everett said all this with a sad expression on his face. I was excited but also nervous to know. I have hope that one day she will be willing to tell me everything that happened.

"You have to promise you will try not to get to angry at what I am about to tell you," Everett said giving me a pointed look. I only nodded my head. I knew I could only do so much to control my wolf.

He looked skeptically but continued, "Madelyn told me that she was a rogue not by choice. She was taken from her pack during a rogue attack. She didn't understand why they didn't kill her and the others that they took as well because they said they killed everyone else," I growled quietly at the thought of someone trying to kill my mate. Everett looked at me while continuing to talk, "she said that they would beat them for the smallest of things. Madelyn said it was awful and that she wished everyday they would just kill her so she wouldn't have to endure the pain." Everett finished while looking sad.

I was both angry and sad. I got up and started pacing not knowing what to do. I wanted to punch a wall, but also run to Madelyn and stay by her side and never let anyone hurt her again. Everett watched me while I had this internal struggle.

"We will find whoever did this to her and make them pay," my wolf Ian said to me while also having the same emotions as me. Ian had been quiet since we found Madelyn. He could tell something was wrong and didn't want to scare her.

I eventually sat down feeling defeated. "What should I do? I don't want to scare her, but it is hard to be away from her." I told Everett while leaning back. I was truly at a lose.

"I would just give her time man. She needs time to process everything." Everett was trying to reassure me. But I could barely focus with Clover trying to push through the block I had up.

"Marcus! Madelyn is awake and is freaking out!" I quickly jumped up and ran upstairs with Everett close behind me. I hurried my way upstairs and got to the door to see Clover trying to calm down a very scared looking Madelyn.

"Madelyn it is okay. You are safe here with us. We will not hurt you," Clover was trying to calm her down. I went to step forward when Madelyn jumped up and ran past us. She ran past everyone and down the stairs. Madelyn was out the door before we could stop her.

"Madelyn!" was all I could yell while trying to chase her. Looks like I will get a taste of the rogue runner.

**********

Thank you all so much. I hope you all liked the change in the POV. I will try and add them every now and then to change it up a bit. I am sorry for not updating in a while. I know I said I was really going to push the first 10 or so chapters out, but unfortunately, I had somethings come up. I hope to possible put another chapter up later today if not tomorrow. I will try to get more out sooner. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

What is your favorite snack? I would say pickles or ritz bits. Those are my favorites!

*Edited*