Chapter 14

I woke up to see the sun was already high in the sky. I looked around the room to realize Marcus was already up for the day. I found a note on the pillow next to me from Marcus.

Morning beautiful,

I am not sure when you will be up. I will meet you for lunch if you are up by then. We had a long night of running, so I thought to just leave you to rest. You definitely need it. If it is after lunch, then grab some food and meet me in my office. See you soon.

Love,

Marcus

I quickly looked over to the clock on the table to see it ready at 10:53. I usually woke early in the morning, so this was late for me. I quickly got out of bed and made my way to the closet. I quickly got dressed in some jeans and a grey shirt. I brushed my hair before putting it in a ponytail. I needed to get a haircut soon.

I made my way down to the kitchen just as lunch was about to be served. I quickly food my seat at the front of the room as Marcus was coming in while talking to Everett. I smiled at him as he made his way over to me. "Hey, sleepy head. I see you are finally up," Everett teased as they got closer. I laughed while Marcus leaned over and peaked my cheek. "How did you sleep, my love?" Marcus asked while sitting next to me.

Lunch was being served as the last of the pack made their way into the room. "I slept great. Usually, I am an early riser, but I guess I needed the extra sleep," I said while putting food onto my plate. We continued to make small talk while eating. I was full much faster than the boys. I try to eat more and more with the meals, but it can be hard to eat so much food at one time. I hope to start putting weight on soon so I can train with the pack. Marcus said he won't let me train until Dr. Lacy clears me. She said she would once I met a certain weight goal. I don't blame them for being paranoid about my size, but it was annoying that I couldn't train yet.

"Madelyn we will be having a meeting once lunch is over. There are a few things we have to go over if that is alright," Marcus directed his attention to me. I nodded while finishing my water.

It wasn't long until lunch was over, and we were headed to the office. We being Marcus, Everett, and myself. We made our way in and took our seats. Marcus was behind his desk while I and Everett took a chair in front of him. "So, we have to finish this paperwork to have you officially join the pack. It just requires both of our signatures along with Everett as the witness." Marcus said while pulling out some paperwork. I nodded along knowing this was going to happen.

"Now, once this is done, there will be a ceremony to officially announce you as Luna," Marcus said slowly while watching me. I was shocked by his words and didn't know what to say. I know there were ceremonies that were held for the new Lunas. I just forgot about them. "It doesn't have to be now or tomorrow, but the sooner we do it the better it will be. We will wait for you to be ready as long as it is not a long wait," Marcus said while looking at me. I could tell he was not trying to freak me out.

I nodded not being able to find the words to answer him. "Alright, so we are both going to sign here on the paper," Marcus said while signing his name before sliding the paper over to me. "Typically, we would cut our hands and mix blood to join you to the pack, but since we will do that for the Luna ceremony, we will just wait to do that part." He said while filing the paperwork away. I guess I forgot everything that goes into a Luna ceremony.

I honestly am not sure when I will be ready for the Luna ceremony, but I know it will need to be soon for the sake of the pack. I just hope I don't make a fool of myself in front of everyone.

"Now, that that is out of the way there is one more thing," Marcus said while pulling out what seemed to be a letter, "This was brought to me by the border guards last night after we came in from our run. I figured it was fine to wait till now since it was so late last night, but it is addressed to you." He passed the letter which I took confused.

Who would be leaving me a letter at the border? I wonder as I slowly opened the letter and took it out to read. My eyes started to fill with tears as I read over the words. "Madelyn, is everything alright?" Marcus asked after sensing I was upset. I just kept reading the letter terrified of what was to come. "Madelyn, talk to me please," Marcus said while coming to kneel in front of me. I dropped the letter before looking at Marcus and Everett before letting the words slip out my mouth, "He found me and is coming for me." The words of the letter go over and over in my head.

Hello Little Runner,

You thought you could get away from me but think again. I have found you. I realized once my men didn't return with you something must have happened. It was then I realized they were killed. I will come for you again don't you worry. After all, you were my favorite.

By the way, you looked great running last night with that little mate of yours. I can't wait to have you again.

See you soon,

E

Marcus quickly grabbed the letter from my hand and read it. He growled and punched a hole in the wall after reading the page. He then pushed everything off his desk. I looked up at him nervously to see his eyes were fully black. Ian was in control. "No one will get their hands on you. You are mine!" Marcus said while pulling me into his hold. I was scared, but not of Marcus. I was scared of what was to come. Everett picked up the letter and read over it quickly getting upset over the letter himself. "Don't worry Alpha, we won't let anyone get our Luna," Everett said while trying to calm himself down.

I slowly rubbed Marcus' back trying to calm him down. It took some time but after a few minutes, he was calmed down enough to think straight. "Madelyn, I promise I won't let anyone take you away from me. I will do everything I can to make sure you are safe," he said while looking at me. I could tell he was struggling to hold back his wolf. I quickly kissed him which took him by surprise, "Thank you." That seemed to calm him down.

I quickly left the office to go and find Clover and Polly. Marcus and Everett were about to have a meeting with Sam and Bryan. I walked into the living room to find them sitting there. "What are you guys up to?" I asked making my way over to the couch. I sat down next to Clover while Polly was picking out a movie to watch. "We were just about to watch Harry Potter. Do you want to watch it with us?" Clover asked while looking over at me. "I have never seen it," I said which caused the girls to quickly snap their heads over to look at me. "You have never seen Harry Potter," Polly asked in disbelief. I shook my head and looked at the two girls who were still in shock. "We are about to watch all these movies right now. Let me go and get the snacks." Polly said while getting up from her spot.

She came back a few minutes later with her arms full of snacks. "That should last us all 8 movies," Polly said while pressing play. I laughed while looking at the screen knowing this was going to be a long day.

**********

Hey guys! I got another chapter up today! Hopefully, I can get another up later on. I hope you enjoy it!

What is your favorite Harry Potter book/movie if you are into Harry Potter?

I would say my favorite is The Prisoner of Azkaban.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

*Edited*