∆ FOURTY EIGHT ∆

"You can't continue to starve yourself."  Sister Deola pushed the plate of food in my direction; I pushed it away. "Eat something. At least take a spoon."

I shook my head in the negative.

"So you want to starve my niece or nephew, abi?" Sister Deola put a spoonful of rice into her mouth, some grains of rice falling to her denim jumpsuit. "Who would think you'd be the first to give mummy and daddy a grandchild." She gave a sad smile.

It's been three days since I was expelled. Four, since things started crumbling. Our home hasn't been the same. It wasn't even a home anymore. Daddy and mummy no longer speak to each other, I think daddy now sleeps in the living room. I saw him the night before sleeping on the threeseater. Grandma hasn't stop ranting about my pregnancy. She even blamed mum more than myself. I was the one who opened my legs, she should leave the innocent woman. Mum still hasn't said a word to me, not even to anyone. She goes about her daily duties mute except saying a few words to my sisters.

The retard responsible was probably having the best time with his parents, maybe laughing and making jokes about my predicament. Something that was all his fault. I was the only one punished, like I got myself pregnant. Don't they say it takes two to tango or was I virgin Mary? Even the Holy spirit had a part to play in the conceiving of Jesus.

I took the plate of rice, held the gold spoon looking up at Sister Deola. "I want to see him." Her brows pulled together causing a crease. "Sister Deola, I need to see him." I paused then added, "please."

"Why?"

"I need to. Please."

"Mummy and daddy would never let you."

"You can."

"Me?"

I nodded, putting the plate on my lap. "Yes, you can. I know his house, I'll just be gone for a couple of hours. Two hours max."

"Tobi...Erm.." She hesitated. "Daddy and mummy."

My hands entwined in a pleading form. "Just for two hours. Daddy is not even at home."

"Two hours?"

Nodding vigorously, I put out two fingers from my right hand, my middle and index fingers. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Why do you want to see him? Is it so important? Just call him."

Rolling my eyes, I set the plate on the floor beside me. I thought we were past this. "I want us to talk about it. Besides, he blocked me."

"You can use my phone."

I heaved an exasperated sigh as my eyes rested on her purple Bantu knots. I liked them. I got off the floor straightening my short, maroon sleeveless gown. "Talking about it over the phone?"

"Yes."

* * * * *

"Good afternoon, Sir. I'm here to see Daniel."

The security personnel frowned. "Daniel? Who is Daniel? Daniel from the lion's den?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and responded. "Daniel. Daniel Ugwu."

"Oh, small soldier." He said to himself.  "Are you one of the friends he's expecting?"

Lying, I gave a nod then a small smile.

"Alright, go in." He said and I made my way to the gate. "Wait."

I stop abruptly, fear beginning to crawl to me.

"Do you know the house?"

"Yes sir." I answered, he nodded as I quickened my steps to Daniel's house.

Briskly, I made my way to his house going over the words I wanted to say to him in my head. We needed to talk, to make a compromise. After all, I didn't get myself pregnant. I shouldn't be the only one going through the embarrassment and the pain.

My stomach growled and I mentally slapped myself for not eating before leaving the house. I took out my phone, checked the time. I still had an hour before dad got back from wherever he went while mum wouldn't even notice my absence. Returning my phone into the pocket of my black gown, I put my hands into the pockets of my green sweater as wind sighed and thrashed into tree tops. Boughs moaned as the air current increased, I snuggled into my sweater.

Fear crept to me as my eyes rested on the white mansion. I gulped the lump in my throat and bit my lower lip. We were having this conversation today, no matter what. I halted at the gate and rose my head trying to figure out which window was for his room. It didn't take long for me to spot it as I saw the red Venetian blind rolled up.

The atmosphere had taken a turn, the clear sky had become gloomy and  the clouds pregnant. Just like you are. A voice within told me, I heaved a despondent sigh.

I took a couple of small stones as I moved towards the window. I threw the first one but it failed miserably by just falling to the ground. The second one hit the fence and the third just hit the wall of the house, it was the closest it had gotten to the window.

I decided to move to the gate. I gave the black gate two soft knocks  but got no response. I crossed my hands pondering on how to get in. When my thoughts failed me, I knocked again. Hard, this time. I got no response but the gate went ajar. My heart did a mini dance party as I strolled in and closed the gate.

Moving towards the window of his room, my eyes caught a foreign figure. The back of a boy in a yellow vest was leaned on the window. My forehead pulled together forming a crease. Did he have someone over?

I threw the stone in my hand at the window, it hit it. Another one, then another. It was just enough for the person by the window to turn around. My lips curved downwards seeing that I didn't know him. Two other heads joined then I saw Okoptu, our mate in Topaz and the bastard I was here to see. His eyed widened and he disappeared from the window while the other guys watched me from a above. I waved at them with a smile, they returned it with confused faces.

At the sound of the door knob, I averted my gaze to the door. He walked out with a frown on his face, he was shirtless and had jeans on.  "Good evening Daniel. Can we talk?"

He hissed, grabbed my hands and pulled me to the gate house despite my protest to let me go. He shoved me into the gatehouse, not caring I could have fallen. I took hold of the wall for support.

With a scowl, he demanded, "what the hell are you doing here?!"

A/N

Sister Deola let Tobi see Daniel. ..hmm. What do y'all think?
There's another update tomorrow!!

Guess who made the present cover of HM? Teefabulous. Thanks hunny!

Read! Vote! Comment! Share!