∆SIXTY∆.

"Does it still hurt?"

I let out a loud groan giving a nod whilst Felix increased the pressure he used to massage my waist. The back and waist pain seemed to have become frequent as the pregnancy progressed. I had just four more months to go and this shame was going to be over. I heaved a sigh. I couldn't wait.

"Sorry, dear. It's normal." Felix mum told me, wiping the marble coffee table at the centre of her living room. "You see, when I was pregnant with your friend, my lower back up to my spin used to hurt..."

From the corner of my eyes, I got a glimpse of a  frowning Felix which his lips puckered.  I chuckled as Felix mum went on and on about her struggles while she was pregnant with her son.

This reminded me of what my family used to be like. The memories of how we used to share jokes at dinner and our parents would share a lot about our childhood with us all washed all over me. Our family wasn't perfect but it was almost.  We were perfectly imperfect. I wanted those moments back. Badly. My eyes went down and met with my biggest mistake. My second mistake was not living those moments with family. Too bad things were never going to be the same again.

We all averted our eyes to the door at the sound of a knock.

"Ah, she's here!" Felix mother announced, with a smile. She was expecting a visitor and she still had her wrapper tied firmly around her chest.  "You should both let her in while I go change into something better." With the napkin she had been using to wipe the coffee table, she disappeared into one if the rooms. The one I guessed was hers.

A frown marred my features when I noticed Felix had stopped his work on my waist. He was now on his way to the door while my back ache had started again.

The moment he pulled open the door, Felix fell chest flat to the ground, greeting the older woman that made her way into the house.  The woman looked older than grandma and she was very expensive. Well, at least the green lace she was in was one I had seen on many celebrities. The turban on her head was tied wobbly, destroying her look but her gold purse and matching shoe was giving. I had to give that to the woman.

"Oko mi!" Her quavering voice got out with so much excitement as though she had indeed seen her husband. Felix stood and she engulfed him in a tight hug. A silent chuckle went past my lips at Felix funny face. He looked like he was out of breath. "You're now a big boy o.  You that I was still washing your bumbum two years ago."

Felix gave a look at me, his face flushed in embarrassment. I chuckled again while he responded to her, "grandma, that was many years ago when I was a baby not two years ago." He grumbled.

"You want to do big boy, abi?" A corner or her lips curved up then she laughed, rubbing her hand on his bald head. "I have missed you alot. I always tell your mother to let you come over for the weekend but she comes up with different excuses." She took his hand as she made her way to a sofa. 

She settled on the sofa just across me. I smiled but she returned a scowl eyeing my stomach.

"Akanbi?" She called and Felix only hummed.

Felix dropped some plastic bags I had seen him collect from her earlier on the sofa next to her. He sat on the arm of the sofa trying to peek into the plastic bag.

"There's no need to peek. You know it's for you and Deborah." She took two of the bags and handed it over to him.

With a grin, Felix appreciated it. "Ese, grandma." He placed a kiss on her cheek and she gave a content smile.

"Deborah is too big to great me, ehn?" She eyed me up and down.

"No oh!." He glanced at me. "That's not Deborah. She's my friend."